MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any options for mirrors on the Brutale. The standard ones are next to useless and don't do anything for the looks department. I have noticed some have them mounted on the bar ends but haven't seen any in catalogues or suppliers. :humpother

·
Registered
593 Posts
yea most of us on the forum have decided that the CRG (which seem to be the choice) bar end mirrors are a must have, in looks and usage departments. my dealer ordered and installed mine so I havent researched any other places to buy (maybe Gladio will chime in) but I highly recommend them.

·
Registered
180 Posts
crg mirrors

Brisbrutale, I purchased my crg mirrors direct from manufacturer. They are a quality product, vibe free, better vision & give the bike a knarly streetfighter look. You'll see two sizes are available, I opted for just the one blindsight mirror (smaller). works well enough for my young eyes and looks trick!!
For someone closer to home, give Tim a call at Casoli moto (02 99816444) I believe he stocks them.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
You're in luck! After extensive personal research I found that the only one who makes mirrors to fit the stock stems is Rizoma, and they have a huge selection of gorgeous and funtional products. Unfortunatley for me (but lucky for you), I had to order mine from Australia and am still waiting for them. I opted for these, because IMO the bar-end types are fugly and too small, plus you are left with unsightly stock mounting posts that need to be dealt with.

http://www.rizoma.com/english/en_mvagusta.html

http://www.casoli.com.au/mv_agusta_brutale/accessories.html

·
Registered
774 Posts
fazer6 said:
You're in luck! After extensive personal research I found that the only one who makes mirrors to fit the stock stems is Rizoma, and they have a huge selection of gorgeous and funtional products. Unfortunatley for me (but lucky for you), I had to order mine from Australia and am still waiting for them. I opted for these, because IMO the bar-end types are fugly and too small, plus you are left with unsightly stock mounting posts that need to be dealt with.

http://www.rizoma.com/english/en_mvagusta.html

http://www.casoli.com.au/mv_agusta_brutale/accessories.html
On the link you give us, I only see general purpose mirror and no specific MVAgusta mirrors. Are you sure they fit the Brutale ?

On the Brutale page from Rizoma, I don't see mirrors.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Olive said:
On the link you give us, I only see general purpose mirror and no specific MVAgusta mirrors. Are you sure they fit the Brutale ?

On the Brutale page from Rizoma, I don't see mirrors.
See page 2 of this .pdf http://www.rizoma.com/images/PDF/en_mirror_adapters.pdf

These only work with some of the mirrors, so check each model you like. I ordered the Logic.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Here's a picture of the ones I ordered

There are better-looking ones, but these were half the price, and still very nice and should be emminently more fuctional.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just spoke to Mark Middleton from Paul Feeney's he suggested before I spend the hard cash on newies, that I try and adjust the standard units. He said there is a locating pin under the clamp that if removed will allow you to angle the mirrors forward, therefore giving a slightly improved vision. I'll try when I get my bike back tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Maybe it's just a fluke with my height and proportions, but off the showroom floor, mine were exactly where I would put them had I had the need to actually adjust them, and view fine.

·
Registered
593 Posts
oicdn said:
Maybe it's just a fluke with my height and proportions, but off the showroom floor, mine were exactly where I would put them had I had the need to actually adjust them, and view fine.
View fine when at a stop AND when your riding? Mirrors on both my Brutales were unusable after 20 or more mph.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
When I'm moving, there's vibration. Can't make out the model of car it is unless you really look or pull in the clutch to stop the vibration, but otherwise, it does it's job of letting me know what's there, and to see if Mr. Piggy is coming out of the median :laughing:

But most of the time, all I use the mirrors for is rear viewing, i.e. what's going on behind me, if a car is hauling ass up to me in my lane, etc. Not really any for changing lanes...that's what headchecks are for. Anybody who relies soley on thier mirrors is insane.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
My mirrors give me a perfect view of my elbows, and nothing else, stopped or otherwise :barfalot:

I think the Rizomas will look very nice, and will be completey adjustable and more vibration resistant, unfortunately the mounts are backordered :bawling:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I agree, the elbows in my LookWell jacket look fantastic in the mirrors. I can't actually see whats behind me unless I lean. As far as making out what model car or law enforcement officer is following me....no chance...I just know if I speed up and they are still on my tail with flashing lights, it's usually not cause they want to know what brand of tyres i'm running :rolleyes:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts