MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While fitting a new mirror to replace one I broke with my chest during an unlucky/lucky very minor crash on my Brutale I found out that the mirrors are intended to swivel 90º forward & 90º backwards from their usual position.
If the fitting screw is fully screwed, the mirrors are locked and dont swivel. Mine where fully screwed by some clever guy from the MV dealer where the new bike came out of the box when new.

For those of you who never took the mirrors off, the mirrors are fixed to the base male screw by a washer, a spring, a second washer and a nut. The only thing to be done is to unscrew the nut, put some thread fixing compound on it and screw the nut back checking while you fasten it that the mirror swivels. About two threads of the male screw should be seen on top of the nut.

Hope the info will be helpful to more than one...

Now I'll try to attach some images to show how it looks, but I am not sure if I'll be able to.

/Users/macbookpro/Desktop/PICT 1.jpg

/Users/macbookpro/Desktop/PICT 2.JPG

/Users/macbookpro/Desktop/PICT 3.jpg

/Users/macbookpro/Desktop/PICT 4.jpg

/Users/macbookpro/Desktop/PICT 5.JPG

/Users/macbookpro/Desktop/PICT 6.JPG

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pics

Clear that I do not know how the hell pics are attached to a topic...
Any clews ?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2nd go...

Nut here is fully screwed. Spring is fully compressed down.

When three threads of the screw are shown on top of the nut, the mirror is locked.

Red arrow indicates the swivel limiter.

Mirror base seen from underneath.
Red arrow indicates 180º groove to allow 90º forward - 90º backward swivelling.

Loctite nut fixing compound applied to male screw and nut.

Nut in place.
Note barely one thread shows on top of the fixing nut allowing the spring to do his job, providing a elastic fit that will reduce vibrations and allow mirrors to 'fold'.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let me know if some of you had the mirrors installed locked at your dealer, or had them fitted properly. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Mine were fitted properly and the sales guy made a point to show me that I could swivel them

Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts