MV Agusta Forum banner

brutale luggage

17K views 60 replies 31 participants last post by  brutaleluke 
#1 ·
hello out there, i would love to use my brutale as more of an every day commute sans back pack, does anyone know of a nice-ish looking hard, small, lockable pannier for the brutale. any feedback would be great.

Thanks
Lido

#3 ·
Lido said:
hello out there, i would love to use my brutale as more of an every day commute sans back pack, does anyone know of a nice-ish looking hard, small, lockable pannier for the brutale. any feedback would be great.

Thanks
Lido
Lido
I have a Britale in France and I just buy a tank cover and the luggage ; all come from the company " Bagster "
the have a web at " www.bagster.com"
this product for MV Brutale is quite new !!!
hope it will answer to your request
regards
golden bear

#8 · (Edited)
that looks damn neet fafnir :naughty:

but also very important : how does the rear look without the bag on it ?
does the rack have modular system ? (smal bar when no lugage big bar with lugage)

the tankbag/coverset looks real kewl, drive a gladio myself
what did you pay approx. for the tank cover?

#10 · (Edited)
MV Blackie said:
that looks damn neet fafnir :naughty:

but also very important : how does the rear look without the bag on it ?
does the rack have modular system ? (smal bar when no lugage big bar with lugage)

the tankbag/coverset looks real kewl, drive a gladio myself
what did you pay approx. for the tank cover?
The rack on its own is hideous. There is a sport rack (normal sized ) and a grab rail (semi hideous). The closeup shows 4 bolts and the grab rails are off (you install a rear T peice under the body work that they bolt into) so 99.9% of the time ours (fafnirs and my bruties) will be off.

Bagulax cover £85 and bag (city sized) £50.

xooops it looks lovely in yellow, custom spray? Did you use full colour transfers as I did?
BlackBruty

Attachments

#11 ·
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

xooops said:
Hi

it's not the best solution, but for the moment it works for me..

greez Sven
That's what I call "personallity"...but if somebody around called "pigiolino" takes a look at your bike, he'll probably say something like... "I'm sorry, but that's not original...I love original"...Well, I say...IT LOOKS AWESOME!!!!!!
Don't give a shit if it's original o not. After all...We're talking on just a bike (even if it's the best looking bike on Earth).

#12 ·
FERROMAN said:
That's what I call "personallity"...but if somebody around called "pigiolino" takes a look at your bike, he'll probably say something like... "I'm sorry, but that's not original...I love original"...Well, I say...IT LOOKS AWESOME!!!!!!
Don't give a shit if it's original o not. After all...We're talking on just a bike (even if it's the best looking bike on Earth).
the beauty of free speech!!! everyone is free to choose.
:guitarist :drummer: :guitarist

#13 ·
Fafnir said:
All ready for a trip to southern spain. Just popped out for 80 odd miles and makes no difference to the bike whatsoever (OK didn't try 100+ but ventura worked fine on a zx6r flat out).
BlackBruty (Fafnirs husband).
Hi there

Can you please tell me what size bag that is on the back, it it the 45lt and does it connect to another bag.

#17 ·
Aussie MV said:
Hi there

Can you please tell me what size bag that is on the back, it it the 45lt and does it connect to another bag.
Yes. They are the old stye Delta 45l (the new ones are a bit posher apparently) and they do zip together.

Also my post was a bit msleading, remove 4 bolts and the carrier and both side rails come off, 3 min job. No sign of ventura on the bike.

BlackBruty

#18 ·
blackbruty said:
Yes. They are the old stye Delta 45l (the new ones are a bit posher apparently) and they do zip together.

Also my post was a bit msleading, remove 4 bolts and the carrier and both side rails come off, 3 min job. No sign of ventura on the bike.

BlackBruty
Thanks for that BB, if I had a 45lt bag facing the rear what is the maximum size bag I could/should zip on facing forward so the pillion passanger has enough room on the 910R?

#19 ·
re bagage...

I bought a Pacsafe tail bag ( aerostitch.com ), it fits on the rear seat, locks if nescessary (and locks to the bike), is waterproof and looks pretty good on the bike. It is made of a slash proof cable mesh material and fits the bike pretty well. It has some soft strap covers so it won't mess up the paint. It's a good size, not heavy and no mods to the bike needed.

Adrian206.....

#21 ·
Aussie MV said:
Thanks for that BB, if I had a 45lt bag facing the rear what is the maximum size bag I could/should zip on facing forward so the pillion passanger has enough room on the 910R?
Given the rack is about 1inch behind the pillion seat, your pillion would have to be less than 2 inches thick - so not really possible. Fafnir has just zipped out two 45l delta's together all OK, dont really know what else would work, guess you would have to drop ventura a mail. We have some soft throwover panniers which might work, but the rear-side bodywork would take a pounding I suspect.

I suspect if you need more then 90l of luggage - you need a car! :)

#23 ·
blackbruty said:
Given the rack is about 1inch behind the pillion seat, your pillion would have to be less than 2 inches thick - so not really possible. Fafnir has just zipped out two 45l delta's together all OK, dont really know what else would work, guess you would have to drop ventura a mail. We have some soft throwover panniers which might work, but the rear-side bodywork would take a pounding I suspect.

I suspect if you need more then 90l of luggage - you need a car! :)
Never mind the car, I just need to get rid of the wife that want's to bring every freaking thing along. :eek: You say Fafnir zipped two 45lt's together and all was ok, is that with the pillion or not. What about the 45lt and 35lt zipped how would pillion room go then??

#24 ·
Aussie MV said:
Never mind the car, I just need to get rid of the wife that want's to bring every freaking thing along. :eek: You say Fafnir zipped two 45lt's together and all was ok, is that with the pillion or not. What about the 45lt and 35lt zipped how would pillion room go then??
Worked OK to zip them together and put them on the bike, no way would you get a pillion onto the 2" remaining of the pillon seat.

Wouldn't know on the 35l I'm afraid, not got one - but I would very much doubt if a pillion could sit on with it.

Get her riding her own bike.... worked for us (well in Fafnirs case she suddenly announced that she wanted to be a (middle aged) biker too and did it all by herself).

#25 ·
blackbruty said:
Worked OK to zip them together and put them on the bike, no way would you get a pillion onto the 2" remaining of the pillon seat.

Wouldn't know on the 35l I'm afraid, not got one - but I would very much doubt if a pillion could sit on with it.

Get her riding her own bike.... worked for us (well in Fafnirs case she suddenly announced that she wanted to be a (middle aged) biker too and did it all by herself).
Thanks for that, I actually came close to getting her to buy a bike about a year ago, she got cold feet and pulled out though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.