MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What lids are people wearing on brutales, I have an RX7 which fits like a glove but is hard work without a fairing!

The AGV which is my commuting lid is the best as its quiet, and really comfortable, running UK to Holland can take 8hrs, but it needs replacing.

The new Aria Rebel looks good but I like the AGV GT veloce and bells also, what is everyone else wearing?

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
What lids are people wearing on brutales, I have an RX7 which fits like a glove but is hard work without a fairing!

The AGV which is my commuting lid is the best as its quiet, and really comfortable, running UK to Holland can take 8hrs, but it needs replacing.

The new Aria Rebel looks good but I like the AGV GT veloce and bells also, what is everyone else wearing?
Well for me it has to be Arai RX 7 corsair and Arai RX7 GP ....., they are the only helmets I own.......and I've got 10 of them so far!
Only helmet for me!

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=95161
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=108874
Brian:)

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
me its a black or silver open face agv or an old old bell .. i do have a full face shark but never really wear it .. i like to feel the bugs bounce of my teeth

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
There's no correct answer......wear the helmet that fits your noggin the best, within a budget you can afford, with esthetics you appreciate.

As for me....if I'm riding 8 hours, it's not on my Brutale.......:)

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Never tried them but apparently Schuberth make the quietest helmets on the market?

I've got an Arai Chaser, fits my head really well but the visor system is just awful, why they don't just give it up and admit everyone else's is better I just don't know?

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Schuberths are extremely high quality at a very high price, and are pretty heavy.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
390 miles, leaving at 6 arriving at 12.30 uk, including ferry and petrol stops was not on the MV!

The aria visor is a bit of a pig, but has the best lock down system and the vents a really good. The cheap AGVs are scooter lids look over your shoulder and the visor pops up. I'm going to buy a bell open face for the 125, but don't know what to buy for the big bike.

The HJC R-PHA 10+ Carbon is really nice also.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Arai Signet Q. It is by far the quietest helmet I have ever owned. It ain't cheap, however, as is the case with any Arai

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
definite Arai thread running here, I think that's a quantum in the uk, its not listed?

·
Registered
837 Posts
For my F4 I use a Shark Vision-R - comfy, quiet, venting works well until you drop the internal sunvisor, and comes with a 5 year (I think? or possibly lifetime) guarantee. Allows me to see out without looking through the visor brow-vents of my Arai or the brow padding of my Shoei.

For my TL I use the Arai as it's comfy, and black to match the bike (how sad) ..... though it's not as quiet as the Shark or Shoei. The visor system of the Arai is diabolical for a helmet that is so ridiculously, and sounds/feels likes it's going to break every time it's removed.

The Shoei is purely a spare nowadays as the padding has become a little looser than the other two.

I really think that Arai's are sold purely on name rather than value for money, features, or usability. Yes, many, many, racers etc., use them - but often they are paid to wear them. I really cant say the fit and finish of my £350+ Arai is better than my £295 Shoei or £250 Shark. It lacks features of both the other two, and has a visor system inferior to both.

Out of interest, why is one helmet "hard work" on a fairngless bike compared to the other? As explained above, my issue was the other way around - helmets I happily wear on an upright bike don't work with clip-ons due to the small visor aperture.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Well for me it has to be Arai RX 7 corsair and Arai RX7 GP ....., they are the only helmets I own.......and I've got 10 of them so far!
Only helmet for me!

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=95161
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=108874
Brian:)
I've got an Arai Chaser, fits my head really well but the visor system is just awful, why they don't just give it up and admit everyone else's is better I just don't know?
The aria visor is a bit of a pig, but has the best lock down system and the vents a really good.
The visor system of the Arai is diabolical for a helmet that is so ridiculously, and sounds/feels likes it's going to break every time it's removed.

I really think that Arai's are sold purely on name rather than value for money, features, or usability.
Well as I said I've 10 Arai's and for the life of me cannot see any issue with changing the visor.., it really is very simple.:)
http://youtu.be/2YTHFTwwark
http://youtu.be/6mh6seNT0o4

·
Registered
3,903 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The air seems to get under the front and then try pull my head off backwards, the old speed triple was fine.

There is a knack to getting visor in and out of an aria.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I have 2 Arai Corsairs Vs - amazing how comfortable and quiet they are at speed. The visor drove me nuts at first - now it's a breeze.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had a Schuberth C3, the worst helmet I have ever owned!!
It fell apart, the plastic parts broke off, the seal was terrible and leaked and the integral sun visor fell out every 5 minutes!��
I now have a shark speed R carbon, very light and comfortable but a bit noisy but was good value for money.
I have an Arai RX7-GP, very nice helmet and quiet(ish)

·
Registered
258 Posts
I loved my Arai rx7 but when I traded the gixer 750 in for the CB1000r with no fairing I needed a lighter helmet. Tried loads and ended up with a Bell M4R. Really light and so quiet I stopped wearing ear plugs. Aerodynamics are good too you hardly know you're wearing a helmet.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Both Sharon and myself have Arai RX7gp's. Comfortable, hardly any helmet lift at speed (impressive on a naked bike) and a helmet that I want to wear if I were to bounce down the road.

Dave.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've been wearing an Arai RX-Q for a few seasons and just swapped over to an Arai Signet-Q. Basically the same lid but the Signet-Q offers a little extra room in the front, it's a little elongated.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I run a Nexx XR1R. Love the fit, its crazy light, and the viewport is absolutely massive. It has the nice suede internals that you get on the big money AGV's which is crazy comfortable and soft. It's a little loud but the aerodynamics are great so its no work at all on a naked bike.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I use the Shoei RF-1100. Decent ventilation without too much noise. I don't typically wear earplugs. The pads start off tight, but loosen up too much later on. Also find it pushes in enough at speed to touch my nose and that's a bit annoying.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts