MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Brutale is going to find another home!!!!! UPDATE...Problem now fixed..Hopefully.

Spent five hours detailing, buffing billet, and waxing the Victory Kingpin this afternoon and was ready to go for a ride on the Brute, which by the way I rode yesterday. :f4:

Turn the key on, press the starter and get...riiick, riiiick, click! :stickpoke

Parking light stays on, gauges work, light in gauge cluster works....damn thing wont' start.

So now, I've got it on the charger in hopes that it might....MIGHT....run tomorrow.

What a pile of crap, and to the folks at MV Agusta....two words. :2up:

Thanks for letting me rant! :rant:

Problem was in the sidestand switch. Bike now runs, and for those of you who suggested a battery tender, all of my bikes stay on them.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Same thing happened to me, it was a bad ground to the battery, a little insulation was intermittently interupting the electrical connection, perhaps it's something that easy.

The fact that you spent five hours DETAILING a bike and not riding it, even if it is a victory, kinda concerns me ;)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So are you saying it was at the battery? This thing's only got 218 miles on it.

·
Administrator
20,100 Posts
MV910R said:
Smitty,

I feel your pain. Traded my p.o.s. for a Ducati.
I am glad to hear that both of you will no longer have these bikes that you feel are so inferior. Thank you for selling your MVs. Good bye.

·
Registered
268 Posts
When I had two street bikes, a Ducati and a Triumph, it was the Ducati which would never start. If you don't ride a bike every day, and don't keep it on a battery tender, the battery will run down. These are not cars. They are high performance motorcycles with small batteries and they need to be ridden daily. Or else kept on a tender. Brand has nothing to do with it. My MV has been far more reliable than any Ducati I have owned. Perfect.

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
manalagi001 said:
When I had two street bikes, a Ducati and a Triumph, it was the Ducati which would never start. If you don't ride a bike every day, and don't keep it on a battery tender, the battery will run down. These are not cars. They are high performance motorcycles with small batteries and they need to be ridden daily. Or else kept on a tender. Brand has nothing to do with it. My MV has been far more reliable than any Ducati I have owned. Perfect.
+1, and I had a 916 too.

For those of you who had bad experiences with MV, all I can say is I'm sorry to hear that you had such bad luck with your bike, 5600 miles on my Senna never a problem, more than I can say about my 03 R6, not that the R6 was bad either.

Good luck with your new bike.

·
Registered
822 Posts
buy a fuckin battery tender ya whiney bitch... :jerkoff: :blah: :devilsmok

·
Registered
312 Posts
only had 1 problem during my 31000km on my Brutale, even when i would want a new bike, the Brutale stay's (as decoration if needed)

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Sorry hit the wrong key (second beer)

I know I should not write this, but I sometimes get in here and see what some people go on with. Crazy stuff.

To go off at a manufacturer, any manufacturer, because a battery goes flat is ridiculous. Bloody hell, if that sort of thing gives you the shits, you will never be happy...ever...with anything.

Theres' my rant.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
GasCitySmitty said:

So you have rode it just the once then before this??
With 218 miles it must still be in warranty? :stickpoke the dealer (this is why bikes have warranty).

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
GasCitySmitty said:
Yep, it happened the first week I had it, thought the world was coming to an end, then I sat down and started tracing wires. When the dealer had connected the ground battery, a little insulation was preventing it from making good consistent contact, trimmed that, problem solved. BTW> agre 100% on a battery tender. I ride my brute or aprliia every day but one or the other is ALWAYS on a battery tender, personally thing it adds longevity to the battery.

·
Banned
18 Posts
Wow, you guys are pretty harsh!! I think the fact that some of you don't seem to be capable of going on without your precious MV would sugest a bit of low self-esteem?? IMO, if I'm plagued with a motorcycle that I had spent $20, $25k and $122k, and which gave me perpetual trouble, I too would be selling it. Certainly not worth the headache.

Just my observation.

·
Administrator
20,100 Posts
Madatyou....don't ever buy a harley or victory then.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Someguy, thanks for the name calling. Shows a lot of class....

Some Guy said:
buy a fuckin battery tender ya whiney bitch... :jerkoff: :blah: :devilsmok
First of all, your demeanor was uncalled for because all of my bikes and Corvette in the winter are on tenders.

While most on here have been decent in their response, you can KMA!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
esq'z me...I'm not going anywhere, and I'm keeping this

I am glad to hear that both of you will no longer have these bikes that you feel are so inferior. Thank you for selling your MVs. Good bye.
thing until it is right. As for it being inferior, I've owned 10 Ducati's since 1988 and not once has one let me down. Ever!

And that quote about the Victory, I own a Kingpin and have never had a problem with it either. Starts every time, shifts, headlight stays in, doesn't stall, doesn't over heat.

·
Registered
572 Posts
If I leave my brute alone for about a week, the battery goes dead on the thing and I take that as the norm 'cause of all the wacky electronics on board leeching. I accept this, because my dad's '95 Corvette was the same way and he remedied that by, first, putting in a manual battery disconnect, then, a few months later, a battery tender.

However, my '94 Yamaha FZR600 will start without any trouble, in the middle of winter, after sitting for a month or two, so, I dunno.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts