MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back again and I apologize for the continued post. I am finding nothing but a hassle or very expensive repair. ($2000.00 USD)

I purchased my 2012 Brutale 1090RR pre-owned from a Harley Davidson dealer on 12-31-2019. It only came with one key, no security code card.

I am longing to purchase an additional key, optimally 2 replacement keys. I posted to the site previously about WTB 2 Keys and received what I though was a God-sent solution from The Knarl. To my and Joel's surprise Jim Hamilton, the "go-to guy" for key cutting and cloning, is no longer answering his phone.

Contacting my local Agusta Authorized service center, I was informed I would need to purchase a new dash, computer and keys, to a tune of $2300.00, to be able to get a couple of additional keys that will work with the immobilizer for my bike. THIS IS CRAZY!

I know I can't be the only one with a similar issue. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get two additional cloned keys for my Agusta 1090RR. I have one original key that currently works, if that helps.

Any leads or information on who YOU used to create additional keys for your Agusta bike with immobilizer, will be most appreciated. (Heck, at this point I am even willing to pay someone a $$ finders fee, for information on getting two additional working keys made, that doesn't cost me a months salary.)

Thank you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks brother! I really, really appreciate it!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you. I'll check them out also.

·
Registered
113 Posts
A few years back I ad the same dilemma and these guys seemed like a reasonable option Motomatrix| The Solution For Lost Motocycle Coded Keys| ECU Repairs . You just have to ship off your dash/speedo and they send back with 2 coded blank keys. I ended up going with a Microtec ECU which basically removed the Immobilizer which was great as I had planned to go that route anyway.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Is the key coding specific to younger models?
I’ve got a 2004 Brutale 750, can I just get a key cloned without coding?

·
Administrator
18,834 Posts
Your 2004 has no immobilizer, so key is just a key.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm not sure about the year you are asking about, I do know that my 2012 Brutale 1090RR needed a transponder key, which I ultimately had cloned and cut by ECUMeistro, in Australia. I sent him the only key I had and he cut and cloned two new keys for me. $60 per key was well worth it for my piece of mind, especially since I do not have the security code card for the bike, as I am the 2nd owner of it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi
I am also looking into this as I am building a 'hybrid' project with various generations of MV parts, but using salvaged parts from various individual bikes. I have a 2011 F4 Dash (which holds transponder and override manual codes) lock set and key from another salvage and ecu/loom from 2012 f4r. The best solution i can find is to purchase a complete new lockset (Via StarTwin on this site), this will come with new ignition lock, saddle lock and tank cap/lock and two new keys complete with a matching code card. Apparently, on the code card (someone correct me if i am wrong) there is TWO codes on it, one is the manual override code, which you can type in on dash to allow a 'one time start up', if say transponder antenna cannot read key. The second code, under scratch off panel (?) is a program code which puts dash in a 'learn mode' to memorise the transponder code(s) for the two keys or any additional keys you have had cut at time of adding the new key set or in future use this program code. This will still cost around £400 UK with vat but cheaper option than full system. From my understanding, if you buy a brand new virgin dash, say due to damage, but you had original key set and keycard, this is how the keys would be programmed to new dash. The keycard code is literally the golden key (pardon the pun). If my findings are not correct then anyone please advise!
Also anyone who has the keycard whom bought bike from new whom could verify without revealing their codes! what is on the card 1 code/2 codes and any instructions would be appreciated

good luck

JensonF4

1 - 15 of 15 Posts