MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
finally got around to posting this;

you need a piece of sheet metal ~0.5mm x 20mm* x 75mm

*the width will vary by the shape of the "D" rings (I have a Bell Star the rings are rectangular)

drill a 6mm hole 8mm from one end

turn the seat over, as sitting on the bike, remove the left front screw that's the mounting point

on mine the bend in the metal strip is at the web on the seat bottom.....yours will probably be longer or shorter

when bent the strip looks like the letter "J" don't make it any wider than ~8mm or it will hit the frame

when in use the length of the strap and metal piece worked out so the helmet sits centered on the seat facing rear

at last no more carrying the helmet around

:drummer:

·
Registered
418 Posts
Made mine last night

Here's mine. I found an old curtain rod bracket and used it as my sheet metal. I have a Shoei X11 and was not able to make it work so that the helmet sits on the seat - I don't think the strap on the helmet is long enough. Regardless, the helmet still hangs on the side nicely.

I may make some adjustments to it, but so far it works good.

Thanks for the idea, Noel.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chris;
switch the bracket to the other front screw, that way the helmet is tied to the high side, is right side up and doesn't want to fall off....

for those of you that try this you have to play with the length of the bracket

my bracket is way shorter.....but then again I wear an XL helmet :jsm:

and thanks for the picture

·
Super Moderator
22,618 Posts
Does that interfere with passenger comfort? It looks like it might cut into someone's leg....if I am seeing it correctly.

·
Registered
14,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
?

Does that interfere with passenger comfort?
only if you leave the helmet strapped to the passenger seat :drummer:

all joking aside Chuck its all under the seat....if the legs of the bracket are 8mm or less apart they don't touch anything either

·
Administrator
20,353 Posts
Genius....but then, we all knew Noel was a smart cookie, didn't we? :smoking:

Thanks for the idea. :yo:

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I'll have to see if that works on the full length seat. Was looking at the bar end helmet holders, but don't like the idea of my helmet hanging upside down (rain paranoia). Is there room to put a full width bracket to allow the strap side to attach on the other (helmet size allowing) side? Be nice to be able to securely attach a 2nd helmet down in the event of a passenger :naughty: :thewife:

·
Registered
14,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rain?

David;
my helmet doesn't hang, it sits on the passenger seat facing the rear.....so rain won't bother it :drummer:

i'll work on a second hook

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm Always afraid some random ass funny bloke is gonna take a piss in my helmet if I leave it...but then again I do ride in Amsterdam...

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
I'm Always afraid some random ass funny bloke is gonna take a piss in my helmet if I leave it...but then again I do ride in Amsterdam...
Ahhh....a mobile urinal??:piss:.......,or WORSE!!!:eek:nthecan:
Amsterdam Eh?...., a bathing hat is now part of your motorcycle gear!
Brian:)

·
Registered
14,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
helmet hook?

Be nice to be able to securely attach a 2nd helmet down in the event of a passenger :naughty: :thewife:
I was down playing with 2nd helmet hook ideas.....the problem is there are only 3 screws that are solid the others are wellnuts

my hook will hold 2, but the 2nd helmet will be horizontal on the right facing forward on top of the mufflers

I'll finger this out

:popcorn:

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
David;
my helmet doesn't hang, it sits on the passenger seat facing the rear.....so rain won't bother it :drummer:
or so some genius bird doesn't decide he wants to turn the insides into his new house

·
Registered
17,189 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,618 Posts
That's right. I forgot....you only let the "tough guys" on the back........:smoking:

·
Administrator
20,353 Posts
On a Brutale? Passenger comfort? You're kidding, right? :stickpoke

HEY!!!.....Pam finds the pillion just fine....as long as we don't go over 100 miles without a break.

But we stop for gas before then normally....she doesn't like to see the low fuel light...doesn't want to walk!!

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
HEY!!!.....Pam finds the pillion just fine....as long as we don't go over 100 miles without a break.

But we stop for gas before then normally....she doesn't like to see the low fuel light...doesn't want to walk!!
Ed, I've threatened to expose your girlfriend abuse before. When Pam actually rides on the back of a comfortable motorcycle, you're in trouble. :stickpoke

·
Registered
14,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
2nd?

I played around with it......the hooking end of my holder is 25mm long, will hold both helmets....the 2nd is partially on its side facing forward

it's tough and complicated to make the 2nd one sit on the rider's seat it can be done with a cable but thats hard on the seat covering

1 - 20 of 24 Posts