MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The chrome coating inside the headlight of my MV 910r Brutale is flaking, so I decided to do a upgrade to it. A good thing too, when I took the headlight apart the glass came loose way to easy, so that was a accident waiting to happen. I put the first idea in the picture below, still working on it. Ps damn this combo is bright.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Nice. Where did you get it?

Reactions: Armando1969

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi, got it from two different stores, retrofitlab has almost every thing you need for such a job. In the US you have theretrofitsource which is the same idea. The Led highbeam is normally a axillary light they put on off-road buggy's, bikes and quads it's very compact and robust plus gives you 3300lumen of light.
https://www.retrofitlab.com
4XLED - MOTO3
https://www.theretrofitsource.com

·
Registered
203 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got everything wired up and working, decided to use a relay wiring harness to make the Hid system completely separate from the rest of the bike's electrics just to protect the ECU. Below are some pictures from the different modes I can run. 1 just daylight driving lights. 2 daylight driving lights plus hid set. 3 led highbeam solo. 4 hid + Led highbeam together then the daylight driving lights go out.

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hi Miko,
Yes your build was wat partly inspired me, thanks for that����. The led Highbeam i have in the headlight is 40 watts, but it's got a system that reduces light output when it's gets to hot, so that should be safe. The two little led beams(they are part of the daylight driving system) next to the projector are 5 watts a piece, i didn't have anything other at that moment. If the give up i will have to replace them. ��

Gr Armando

·
Registered
203 Posts
First of all I'm glad to hear that My work partly inspired You, ESPECIALLY if that assumes completely separate wiring and relays.
Since Your LED-s have ability to control heat, there's no reason to doubt that everithing wil be OK.

Test ride already done, or it's still too cold for a night ride in NL? :grin2:
Maybe some pictures of light pattern on the road/wall?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Hi Miko, yup still to cold for a ride, around zero degrees plus chance on icing on the road. Funny the store were I bought most of my parts asked the same question about the beam patterns, I have but some pictures below. 1 is just the daylight driving lights. 2 just the led highbeam. 3 hid projector incl daylight driving lights. 4 hid + led highbeam, without daylight driving lights, the led is much brighter than the hid.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts