MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the proud new owner of a crashed Brutale 910 (crashed by the prior owner) and need to replace some parts. First and foremost is the headlight. Any leads appreciated as the local dealer wants $550 US.

Thanks!

-Hunter (237 miles and a salvage title)

·
Registered
774 Posts
Welcome on board.

It seems that you registered your 910, but I can't find it on the page. A problem Alvin?

Would like to see pics of your 910.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Actually his 910 was pending and I have just approved it and added it to the map. I will adjust the code a bit now to not show. No pictures on his post :/

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Hi giomanach , my usual advice for this type of problem, good old ebay. I think it's time they started giving me commission. :p

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
congrats. I saw that one on e-bay. What did you get it for? $10K? It was the red/silver, right? Headlight is probably going to be a hard find. Probably have to go the dealer route, but good luck!

What else do you need? I have red tail panels, black tank, the stock adjustable footpegs and a red front fender.

Steptoe said:
Just throw an RD-LC headlight on it :stickpoke

Are F4 & Brutale headlights totally different?
Yes, the enclosures are entirely different.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jeesh! I just got the beauty home last night and already I'm being harangued for not having pictures up?! I was going to wait to take pix until it's no longer smashed up, but I'll go ahead and post the shots from the auction house.

As for the headlight, I don't have high hopes of finding one on Ebay. I was hoping someone here might have a lead on a cheaper price than full dealer retail.

BTW, I noticed that all the articles about the bike claim it comes with adjustable rearsets, yet mine are fixed. I wonder what's up with that?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
giomanach said:
Jeesh! I just got the beauty home last night and already I'm being harangued for not having pictures up?! I was going to wait to take pix until it's no longer smashed up, but I'll go ahead and post the shots from the auction house.

As for the headlight, I don't have high hopes of finding one on Ebay. I was hoping someone here might have a lead on a cheaper price than full dealer retail.

BTW, I noticed that all the articles about the bike claim it comes with adjustable rearsets, yet mine are fixed. I wonder what's up with that?
Uhoh. Yes, everything I've seen and heard have it with adjustable. However, the adjustment is a small round eccentric, not a piece with multiple holes. Maybe you missed that.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nope,

These definitely don't have any adjustment. I'll just have to go with something aftermarket once I finish restoring the bike.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have spoken with the previous owner who swears the adjustable pegs were on when he last saw the bike. The only opportunity for anyone to switch them out was while the bike was at Pro Italia in Glendale, before it got taken to the auction yard. Pix at the yard show the 750 footpeg brackets.

I really need to find another dealer. One in another state so I don't have to pay sales tax would be great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts