MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to purchase a Brutale headlight. There is quite a disparity in prices at my local dealer (GP in San Diego) and would like to know if you guys know of a trusty dealer I can order one from that is out-of-state. GP wants way too much and I thought they were going in the $500 +/- range. Thanks for any comments you can post.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but Carl does not have one. I guess I need a dealer - which is fine but I need one that I can call up and will give me a fair shake. Anyone have one they deal with?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Could try MotoForza in Escondido (think they part of GP tho). Did you tell GP you thought the price was high, might try haggling with 'em?

I just saw a couple on the UK ebay.

·
Administrator
20,022 Posts
Call FBF....should be less than $500 at MSRP

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey thanks for the advice - as GP gave me a staggering price of $736 before CA sales tax and I thought this was way off. I will try others.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I just checked with MV. Price on a complete headlight is $698.21. Price for the lens assembly (eveything that bolts into the bucket i.e. glass, reflector, seal, black plastic ring) is $488.29.

Let me know if I can help you with it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi there crash, saw your post and was wondering if this offer still available? Mine just cracked recently and have been looking for one. Your help greatly appreciated :)

Thanks

Martin

·
Administrator
20,022 Posts
Hi there crash, saw your post and was wondering if this offer still available? Mine just cracked recently and have been looking for one. Your help greatly appreciated :)

Thanks

Martin
Martin, Crash is Moto Forza....you should send him a PM.

·
Registered
14,532 Posts
Balz;
thats good news for Brutale owners with broken lenses, the price used to be over $1,000:jsm:

its still ridiculous......last time i checked the F4 lens was $173

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have one from my 2004 Brutale 750 with 1,700 miles that I would let go for $500 shipped in the USA. Overall condition is great, lens has no cracks, and comes with all bulbs. If interested, PM me.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi, i have a question about the brutale headlight

I ride a brutale 750S 2004 and after a fall (last week):bawling: the headlight has broken (among others), and i'm going to change it with a new one...so, could I change it with the one that 990 has?

If yes (fitment), what is happening with the wiring?

Has anyone done it so FAR?

thanks in advance:D

ps: I didn;t want to open a new thread, and i've used this one, hope isn't a problem

·
Administrator
20,022 Posts
Yes....there are a couple of guys who installed the new headlight on the older bikes. Requires different harness plugs if I recall. Do a search on the forum and you should find the threads with a little effort.

·
Registered
255 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
There is a seller on ebay.it (Italy) wich sells the 990/1090 headlight model allready prepared for the older Brutale harness at about 500 euros + shipping. I'll try to post the link here.
http://www.ebay.it/itm/SUPER-PROMOZIONE-FARO-BRUTALE-1090-PER-MV-AGUSTA-BRUTALE-TUTTI-I-MODELLI-/261318544335?pt=Ricambi_e_Accessori_Moto&hash=item3cd7cc8bcf#ht_741wt_1091

Cheers,
Laur.

P.S. They're made in my country near the city I live in but still so far away (financial speaking).:ahhh:
Nice, but more expensive that the original one!!:jsm:

Yes....there are a couple of guys who installed the new headlight on the older bikes. Requires different harness plugs if I recall. Do a search on the forum and you should find the threads with a little effort.
I've already tried it but nothing came up, I'll try it again thanx

·
Registered
255 Posts
You can check on Star Twin (site sponsor) but I don't think you'll find it cheaper than ebay. Look on their website for Brutale 910 parts, accessories, OEM upgrades and there is with plug&play adapter for older Brutales.
Also on 990/1090 Brutale parts list the OEM headlight is quoted at 450€ plus TVA and shipping, so it's not cheaper either.
If you know where to find it for much less please share with us.

Cheers,
Laur.

·
Registered
35 Posts
You can check on Star Twin (site sponsor) but I don't think you'll find it cheaper than ebay. Look on their website for Brutale 910 parts, accessories, OEM upgrades and there is with plug&play adapter for older Brutales.
Also on 990/1090 Brutale parts list the OEM headlight is quoted at 450€ plus TVA and shipping, so it's not cheaper either.
If you know where to find it for much less please share with us.

Cheers,
Laur.
Hi Laur, can't find any cheaper...I've already seen this:
http://www.startwintrading.com/en/model/brutale/brutale_750/accessories/471

465€

And I think this is it, can't find anything cheaper:banghead:.

thanx

1 - 19 of 19 Posts