MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Holidays to all-has anyone replaced the rubber handgrips on their Brutale?- and if so with what brand grip

TIA
Marc

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
spalding12 said:
they look INCREDIBLE
but....
i can't believe they'd be very "COMFORTABLE" to ride with over the course of a very long day

of course, i could be wrong about that

again..... they LOOK AWESOME
Hi Greg!
I dont know yet about long riding....they feel very nice in hand.IThe diameter is bit bigger ,that suits workman hands.If there is a problem it is propably in the bar ends.They are much lighter than the org ones.The handle bar is wibrating bit more...iching maybe the right word.I let you know after a bit longer ride.But the look is fantastic like you said.Comfy and design sometimes dont go hand in hand..... :blah:

mike :smoking:

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
spalding12 said:
i agree about the "COMFY" and "DESIGN" antithesis (at times)

sorry about the lighter bar ends.... that is a mistake from the manufacturer...
i LOVE my brutale, but the bars VIBRATE WILDLY at high speeds and a HEAVIER bar end is what is needed on this bike

can you fit one and STILL keep those beautiful grips?
For my opinion the bar ends looks so good that i am trying to keep them.When i was driving back home from my dealer i took 190kms/h and i did not felt the prob at that speed.In high speed you have so much other things to consider....
But in normal speed i felt the difference with the weithgs.When it is little warmer i drive some more and let you know if there is a prob or big prob...if it is big i will paint the org ones in red.

Ciao mike :smoking:

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
How much do the Pro Grip grips reduce the vibration?

Incidentally, what did you use to remove the old grips (other than cutting them off) and install the new ones?

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Emperor said:
How much do the Pro Grip grips reduce the vibration?

Incidentally, what did you use to remove the old grips (other than cutting them off) and install the new ones?
Old bicycle mechanic trick, WD-40.
To install the new ones, just some rubbing alcohol.

They don't reduce the vibes alot, but the main benefit it the reduced gripping effort (they stick like glue to my gloves), especially since the stock ones were worn completely smooth.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts