MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was looking at my front turn signals last night after a short ride and had an idea. I would like to get rid of the front turn signals, but the options I've seen, smaller stalks and things, don't look right to me. The bar end lights, look like a good option.

What I was thinking is what if I put the turn signals in the dash pod? If you look at the dash pod there is a recessed portion on both the left and right side.

Wouldn't it be cool if the signals were integrated into that area? they would be visible from the front, nothing is obstructing them. And they would be somewhat concealed, which is most important to me.

My first idea was to cut out the areas and form a yellow clear plastic to the area. But that's probably too much work and would look conspicuous and probably too dificult to get the plastic formed well enough to look factory. But what if I just installed recessed LEDs?

obviously I want them to be functional. I don't want a dangerous bike and I would like it to be obvious to an oncoming car that I'm turning and which direction. Having them so close together would have to be evaluated. Maybe it would help if the LEDs blinked from inside to out to emphasize the direction. I have the clearlights tail LED and they are close together yet seem very bright.

But the dash pod area is small. And whether the LEDs would be sufficient or a recessed area with reflector would be necessary to magnify the LEDs, I dont know. but it would be a neat addition I think.

Something like:

or

But mounted inside the dash pod.

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
If you are looking for some more options for the lights themselves, i would check out www.tobefast.com i picked up an LED for my tag light and i noticed they had all kinds of lighting options. i am sure you would be able to find something that would be pretty trick for ya. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts