MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K. now that the bike is coming, I can start buying stuff :rolleyes:

I'm looking at the C&G frame sliders from Pirates Lair and the Rizoma sliders from Carpimoto. (They even have a pretty cool Rizoma watch!) :loser:

Anyone seen these in person?

Comments please, I'm like a kid in the toy store!

I love the Rizoma license plate holder, looks sweet.

John (soon to be poor)

·
Registered
456 Posts
John,

I purchased the Rizoma plate holder from Carpimoto and it is awesome! Super nice quality and a direct bolt piece. Took quite a while to be shipped though. I'm way ahead of you on being broke. I've already purchased a bunch of stuff for my R. Can't wait!!!!

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
I have the LSL sliders, they look good, and have a high-finish and funtioanl design, and are on the affordable spectrum.
And, by a goof, I ended up with 2 full sets if you're interested. I'll post a picture later.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
My very strong suggestion is to buy sliders that do not mount by bolting the slider directly from the frame to the head.

This has been shown, during a crash, to regularly strip the threads in the head due to the load placed on the motor mount by the new slider bolt.

I would suggest either press in sliders or those with double threads like performanceparts.de

http://www.performanceparts.de/index.htm?http://www.performanceparts.de/xaranshop_k003001s002_1.htm

In this photo you'll notice 4 bolts. The shorter ties the frame to the head. The longer ties the slider to the frame by threading into the motor mount bolt rather than the head itself.

The R&G LOWER slider is ok as far as I know, as are the front/rear axle sliders and bar ends.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Does anyone know if the frame sliders work with a red frame? Im sure they will fit, but im just curious if you would have to do some light sanding of the slider so as not to damage the paint and have a piece flake off!
Anyone tried the metal frame sliders from emoto? I think they bolt directly to the frame. It looks like I was going to go with those if I ever get around to placing an order! I also saw moto corse japan has some titanium/aluminum frame sliders and some cool looking front/rear wheel spindle sliders too. Anyone tried those?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts