MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Brutale 800. Lost a couple bolts to my radiator side cover. Anyone know how to find the size or where to buy replacements?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,334 Posts
Teh size will be listed in the bike's parts manual. However, they are M4 Special (due to the head design).

Try evolutionbike.it or StartwinTrading.

It would be nice to know where you are on this Big Blue Marble. Please put it in your profile.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Not sure about the brutale, but on the F4 most bolts follows the “M” standard. Most are M6. Check on the same page of this diagram the reference for it, and you will find it in any hardware store.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

·
Administrator
19,841 Posts
Not sure about the brutale, but on the F4 most bolts follows the “M” standard. Most are M6. Check on the same page of this diagram the reference for it, and you will find it in any hardware store.
Depends on where you are and if these bolts have a special shaped head. I have a bunch of little m4 socket head bolts (and some m5 and m6) on my 2008 Brutale that are not the common bolts found in my hardware stores here in Georgia USA

·
Registered
233 Posts
Depends on where you are and if these bolts have a special shaped head. I have a bunch of little m4 socket head bolts (and some m5 and m6) on my 2008 Brutale that are not the common bolts found in my hardware stores here in Georgia USA

You may be right. I usually find those in stainless steel and Allen head, but still on a larger type of head. This is in Brazil by the way

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone. From USA if that matters. Looks like I need part #8A0090901 based on the diagrams listed on evolutionbike.it (extremely helpful diagrams btw). Going to see if I can find a comparable part from McMaster Carr or somewhere similar to save time from getting the oem bolts from overseas. Either way, I should have this solved now.

·
Registered
14,500 Posts
?

Dude download the MV Parts Manual for your bike.......8A0090901 is listed as M4x13.7
They are listed in 8 places on a 1st Gen Brutale and 3 places on an F4
Or you could take one out of the other side of the bike and measure it>:)

How many do you need?
:wink2:

·
Super Moderator
22,334 Posts
You can find your manuals here: Team Double 3 Racing | MV Agusta

For free! (Give @Donsy a hug..)

Now as for those bolts: They are the same as the windshield mounting bolts on may F4s. I'm sure there is a member here who has some spare....

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Now as for those bolts: They are the same as the windshield mounting bolts on may F4s. I'm sure there is a member here who has some spare....
they can be in short supply depending on where on a mountain in Tennessee you happen to be.

·
Super Moderator
22,334 Posts

·
Administrator
19,841 Posts
That's why I carry my Genuine MV Agusta Tool Roll under the seat of Gina !!!

·
Super Moderator
22,334 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,334 Posts
@fingertight: But, every girl needs her occasional small screw...and a good tool with which to perform it!:blush::love::smoking:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts