MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What are the differences between all of these?

Brutale F4 / 750 / 750S / 750R / ORO Series

It gets more and more confusing as I get to try to know exactly how to call mine.

Ok, the ORO series have gold color on them.
The 750R doesn't exist but some have used parts of a 910R on a 750 and now call it a 750R.
Now it's between Brutale 750 and Brutale 750S or Brutale F4 750 and Brutale F4 750S.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Brutale 750, Brutale 750S, Brutale F4 750 and Brutale F4 750S are all the one and the same bike. It is the designation that got you wrong.

The factory name is MV Agusta F4 Brutale 750S. More commonly just MV Agusta Brutale 750. The F4 is there since Brutale has the same chassis, motor and suspension as F4 750.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
That gold color would be magnesium, not aluminum as on other Brutales.

They only made 300 Oros, they made quite few 750s.

There are really only 2 Brutale 750s: The oro and all the others. Now you may see a Brutale America, or Italia, or Gladio, or Star fighter those are also limited edition kits.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thank you so much for clarifying all this!

Trying to add my bike to the registry, I still don't know for sure which one to choose from these:
F4 750 SR, Brutale S, F4 750 SPR, F4 750 SP01, F4S 750

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
If it is the one in the avatar it is a Brutale S.

Anything with an F4 designation is going to be the F4, not the Brutale.

·
Administrator
20,051 Posts
??? They why do the early Brutales have F4 all over them ?
Because many of the basic parts are actually the F4 parts. The F4 came first, the Brutale came a couple years later. First editions of both are the "Oro" limited to 300 units with special magnesium and carbon fiber parts.

So the steering stem on the Brutale says F4 because it is a F4 part....engine cases say F4 because that's what they originally were made for. etc etc etc.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Most likely cost savings on retooling the casts to say B4. Also, thinking of the Brutale as more of a F4, sans fairing, than a separate model line until it proved lasting/successful on the market as it's own model line.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Because many of the basic parts are actually the F4 parts. The F4 came first, the Brutale came a couple years later. First editions of both are the "Oro" limited to 300 units with special magnesium and carbon fiber parts.

So the steering stem on the Brutale says F4 because it is a F4 part....engine cases say F4 because that's what they originally were made for. etc etc etc.

ahh, ok..still learning the new language ,,lol

thanks for the info ,,what does "oro" stand for ?

·
Registered
654 Posts
All the pre 2010 Brutale's were never officially known as a B4 model, they were called F4 Brutale S or F4 Brutale 910s and so on.
Yours is the Brutale S model.

Dave.

p.s. ORO is Italian for Gold.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
All the pre 2010 Brutale's were never officially known as a B4 model, they were called F4 Brutale S or F4 Brutale 910s and so on.
Yours is the Brutale S model.

Dave.

p.s. ORO is Italian for Gold.
Thats right and again for all the pre 2010 Brutie only riders:
"Your are riding a F4 you F4 weenies !"
Look at Your manuals kids.
F4 Brutale Oro, F4 Brutale S, F4 Brutale 910S, F4 Brutale 910R, F4 Brutale 989R, F4 Brutale 1078RR.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
That still gives them a nut up :)

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
If you just click on the links and read, everybody learns everything and wouldn't need to post links, hence a sad lack of banter!!
Even with the F4 in the name, Brutale's are still best,although I may be a bit biased!:stickpoke

·
Registered
96 Posts
I want to get a good service Manual ( book so I can take it outside ) for the 750 Brutale, is there any one that is better than the other or are they all about the same ?

·
Administrator
20,051 Posts
I want to get a good service Manual ( book so I can take it outside ) for the 750 Brutale, is there any one that is better than the other or are they all about the same ?
The factory manuals are the best (as is the case with most brands), but you need 2. Workshop Manual (which is chassis, maintenance and tune-up) and Engine Manual (which is just what it sounds like).

You can download the manuals from Donsy's site or one of the others (PDF files) onto a thumb drive and have a Kinko or other office supply place print it our and bind it for you.

·
Registered
96 Posts
The factory manuals are the best (as is the case with most brands), but you need 2. Workshop Manual (which is chassis, maintenance and tune-up) and Engine Manual (which is just what it sounds like).

You can download the manuals from Donsy's site or one of the others (PDF files) onto a thumb drive and have a Kinko or other office supply place print it our and bind it for you.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
I have more complete 750 manuals which Ralph just sent me, I'll put them on my site soon, download them as Ed suggested and have them printed and put in binder. I paid about $36.00 for the 440 page F4 manual complete with plastic covers. Over the years I know which pages I use the most, so printed them at home and keep them in a plastic sleeved folder.
I'll do the other manuals during the week sometime, I'm working Saturday and Sunday.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts