MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ciao all.

I'm looking for some feedback on possible interest in my exhaust. I own, ride, and build an exhaust for, the current model Triumph Speed Triple. My website is www.chainreactionmoto.com. In case you're unfamiliar with the exhaust on the S3, I'm selling a "system" that replaces not only the mufflers, but also the mid-pipe so that the lengths are balanced.

I'm looking to SLOWLY expand and I would LOVE to build something for the Brutale as well. I just love the bike, plus I'm not interested in expanding into the high volume, low soul market. So here's some questions for you:

1) Anybody interested?
2) What do you want for the Brutale? Something like what I've already made? Two on one side ala stock? Underseat? Something else?
3) What diameter are the tail pieces on the Tuono? (my cores are 1.75" and fit the same size mid/tail piece)

I'd love to hear from you all and add your awsome bikes to the one I have now.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Bob

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks William.

Interesting, but pretty different products. Its also the reason I'd really like to see if Brutale owners would like something different than stock.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
I think the consensus from the earlier thread was that most of us prefer the stock look, but maybe in carbon? Or even in a brushed black like yours, as long is is is extremely affordable, otherwise I think most will either go MV Corse or the new Arrow stubby.

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
I think the basic design is a keeper. I think it's one of the Brutale's features. I do think your black pipes might look good on a 910R though. It'd be interesting to photoshop something up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, I kind of thought you would feel that way. And I can't argue, the Brutale is a spectacular work of art. I would like to see what it would look like with the style I've built already though. But I'll see what I can do about coming up with a doctored photo. Any of you folks want to take a stab at it?

Bob

·
Registered
803 Posts
I'm always interested in more exhaust options! One thing to point out is many of us already have mid-pipes on our bikes (*one of the most basic upgrades) so if you could build something which worked with our current mid-pipes probably would be the best direction (*at least my opinon).

·
Registered
128 Posts
First let me say, that is a great exhaust for the S3........great work!!!!!
From what i have read here on the forum, most of the members love the look of the slash cut ends....
I would personally like something with a larger diameter opening. Maybe in carbon, flat black.......
The one thing that needs to remain the same,............is the sound..........the music these bikes make is.......im speechless.
Thanks for the interest and keep us posted on what you come up with. Im sure were all interested to see what you come up with.
Chris

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm really interested to see an underseat option for the Brutale that shows off the swing arm but any new options will be great to see..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks so much for your input so far. I hope you'll keep it coming. I sort of mentioned this already, but I want to assure you that I'm only interested in working on bikes that are about beauty and soul as much (or more) than getting from point A to B. That's why I really don't have any interest in working on the Japanese bikes. They're awsome, but pretty much all business.

I mention that because if it turns out that my ideas don't contribute to and compliment your awesome bikes, I won't bother. The fact is that you will get pretty much identical performance from ALL aftermarket pipes. The only substantial differences will be looks and sound.

So...I'm starting to think an undertail makes more sense than another version of the stock setup. That way you get something that is different along with the performance. If you want the performance with the same basic look, you already have some decent options. I personally like the eMoto style. But, at least for now, I'm going to play around with that idea.

I have three questions though:

1) Stupidcomputers mentioned that a lot of you folks already have a mid-pipe. I assume that means the mid-pipe terminates in the same location as the converter outlets. Is that right?
2) What is the diameter of those outlets?
3) Any of you ever go skiing or fishing or whatever in Mammoth? If I'm going to pursue this, I eventually need a real bike to work with. If someone was willing to let me use their bike. I'd make them a great deal.

Thanks to all of you again. I'll work on a picture.

Bob

·
Registered
803 Posts
1) Yes, Midpipe terminates in the same location the stock "Cat" does.
2) I can measure them when I get home.
3) Sorry, not me. I'm sure you'll find a willing canidate here though:)

Cheers.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Okay. Please don't write to tell me how much I stink at Photo Paint--I already know!! but I've made a VERY crude attempt at an undertail mock-up. I didn't even try to show the connector because....I can't figure it out. I think it will make for some cool looking plumbing. I mostly wanted to get some feedback on what you all thought. I think its pretty cool, but I've always liked the undertail look. This feels less cluttered and clean to me.

Only problem is, I can't figure out how to post the picture. Can anyone walk me through it? I clicked on the "Insert Image" button, but the window that pops up doesn't mean a thing to me. HELP!!

Bob

·
Registered
803 Posts
Look below the submit button under "Advanced features" there is a "manage attachments" this is where you can add the picture.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Inside diameter of the stock cat and mid-pipe is a hair under 53mm

·
Registered
243 Posts
I can't see many going with a stubby.

·
Registered
128 Posts
An undertail....HMMMMM.......that sounds verrry interesting......I also love the looks of a clean tail.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here it is. The fact that many already have a mid-pipe/cat bypass presents a little bit of a dilema. My first choice would be to start with a new mid-pipe that is a two into one into two for the double mufflers. The mid-pipes I've seen do the same thing which means if I attach to it and do the same, it would go from 2-1-2-1-2....and look lame. Well, we'll hash that out later.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts