MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Exactly! The F4 ecu seems the same of Brutale but are not the same inside, to change the chips inside will costs more that to change ecu directly.
Anyway to insert a brutale engine on f4 frame it's a meaningless thing when the price of engine are almost the same. Also, if you're not expert, to insert a different version engine will give many problems. On F4 frame must insert a F4 engine, He has a first generation of F4 750, so could insert a f4 engine from evo1 until evo3 750cc. After that version or different version (brutale ndr) have to change ecu, also elettronic and elettric things (much difference).
Everything is possible but will cost more that to insert the proper engine.
This is the realiity, the owner can choose if to accept the advice or avoid it.
For sure if he inserts the proper engine will not regret it
Nope, less than 100 bucks for a replacement EPROM. 2nd hand ECU is more than 500 bucks. AUD

·
Registered
154 Posts
misty5;
Stop confusing the issue
The 750 motor and the 910 motor use the same sensors and alternator
temp sensor
speed sensor
neutral switch
crankshaft sensor
alternator
Are all the same

The coils don't care which spark plug they are firing

All that is needed is a chip for a 910 Brutale which also eliminates the EBS system

:grin2:
Am i confusing the issue? Are you seriouse?
First: 750 and 910 are different c.c engine
Second: different power, rpm, torque
Third: It doesn't mean nothing that temp speed sensors, neutral switch, crankshaft sensor and alternator are the same
Fourth: You're free to do what you want on your bike, for me doesn't change the life, for sure on f4 i'll insert an f4 engine always and only
Regards

·
Registered
154 Posts
Dude, people have been putting different engines in things since time began.
For sure you can put everything you're free, i' m speaking for the costs. It's more easy to insert the proper engine. Also with a different engine the bike will loose the value. I know in Usa you're the best to ruin the original value (not speaking only for money) of the veichles.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
For sure you can put everything you're free, i' m speaking for the costs. It's more easy to insert the proper engine. Also with a different engine the bike will loose the value. I know in Usa you're the best to ruin the original value (not speaking only for money) of the veichles.
If you're going to make a post about me, just tag me next time. :smile2:

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thanks everyone for the info, case closed as far as im concerned. Misty i will be in touch when i get enough savings.

·
Super Moderator
23,090 Posts
Thanks everyone for the info, case closed as far as im concerned. Misty i will be in touch when i get enough savings.
So, what is the decision?:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Cant find an big bore Brutale engine from EU. And shipping it from US is not an option, so im gona go with 750 F4.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Damn it got hard this.... now there is a guy 300km from me selling an 2005 1000s motor for 650 euro!! I know all the electrics will pretty much swap, just need the eprom. But since it does not come with airbox and TB:s, does the 750 TB:s and airbox work?

·
Administrator
21,057 Posts
Air box yes...throttle bodies maybe, but the injectors will be too small.

Reactions: Glenno

·
Registered
14,736 Posts
?

910 and 1000S throttle bodies are 43mm, I don't know the size of 750
throttle bodies
Measure yours :wink2:

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Thanks, i was thinking it might be so.

·
Registered
14,736 Posts
?

The 750 air box will work
Measure your 750 throttle bodies, if they are 43mm, all you'll need
is a chip and 4 injectors

I have plenty of 43mm throttle bodies, but no injectors, so they'd be cheap
:wink2:

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Injectors (IWP162) are to be found locally if needed, many Italian car makers use the same stuff, ie Lancia, Alfa and bike makers Aprilia, Harley etc. Have to go and see the engine, its promised to be mint, but i wanna see under valve cover before purcase.

Seems that TB:s are advertised to fit all years from 1999-2008, truth might be different though.

Keep you posted on this.:nerd2:

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Well it had rash from an crash, so back to square one.... Not just minor, but proper chunks off the bottom of the right side covers.

Looked good on the inside though, but left it there.

·
Registered
14,736 Posts
?

Well it had rash from an crash, so back to square one.... Not just minor, but proper chunks off the bottom of the right side covers.

Looked good on the inside though, but left it there.
No cover on the right side of the motor, just the cases.....
If it didn't get into the oil gallery......negotiate a lower price and just epoxy the cases
If it's into the oil gallery......offer the seller 150€
PM me and I'll tell you how to fix it :grin2::grin2:

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Yes i meant the clutch cover, and bottom of two bolts on the front of the engine were showing deep marks from "sliding". I would love the engine to be intact. Just have to keep saving to get me one thats really mint i suppose….

·
Registered
14,736 Posts
?

Yes i meant the clutch cover, and bottom of two bolts on the front of the engine were showing deep marks from "sliding". I would love the engine to be intact. Just have to keep saving to get me one thats really mint i suppose….
ViggenF4;
Reality check.....
There are 150+ clutch covers on eBay right now......even new ones cheap
Or strip the paint have the scrapes welded and repaint it

Bolts are cheap!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
There were deep marks at the bottom of the crankcase too, i cant live knowing they are there….

Not willing to weld and paint, its never gona look 100%.

·
Registered
14,736 Posts
?

There were deep marks at the bottom of the crankcase too, i cant live knowing they are there….

Not willing to weld and paint, its never gona look 100%.
Too funny......
1 find a better welder
2 learn how to paint
3 get real, it's just the bottom of a motorcycle engine that's hidden, its not La Gioconda

Now, if it was this I would understand, Ferrari #0626 Juan Manuel Fangio's 290 MM

Attachments

21 - 40 of 40 Posts