MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, there are lots of Brutale engines on Ebay, and since my 750 F4 needs a new engine, i was wondering what is the difference between them?

I have a good F4 750 head and gearbox, so if cams and gearbox are different between the models, i can change them from my F4

Has anyone done this?

·
Administrator
18,853 Posts
The basic engine is the same ....... check gearbox ratios and cam part numbers to see what differences there may be.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been browsing through the numbers, seems there are some differences on the cams and box. But there are so many different models that its confusing :)

If and when it seems the bottom end is the same, i should be good to go with my transplant and parts mix.

Still would love to hear if someone has done this "mod".

·
Administrator
18,853 Posts
The engine cases are the same, so the engine will fit. Primary difference from Brutale to F4 is in torque output vs HP...F4 is higher rpm/HP compared to Brutale.

Gearbox and primary ratios may be different. Cams probably but not the head itself (I don't think). Look at valve size for a clue there..

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Intake cam has different number and pistons are different, also cam gears have different numbers. So it seems fitting the F4 head should do the job, just need to buy F4 pistons and put them on the Brutale.

Gona swap the box too.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Why do You think You need to change the head, pistons, cams or gear ratio?
Buy a 910 engine and put it in as it is, it would be torquier and will pull stronger.
And by the way You can trough the lower radiator in the bin and use the Bruties Oil Cooler instead.
But You would need to swap the Eprom at least if not the whole ECU.
Although as further I think might the F4 headers don't fit around the Brutale Oil Filter, Oil Cooler assembly.
And the Brutale headers might don't fit under the F4 Fairing.

·
Super Moderator
21,445 Posts
I could sell the F4 750 motor I have in my garage...

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haupti, if the 910 would be straight swap without any electrical hassle, i would be tempted?

Silent, if you were in Europe, i certainly would jump on your engine offer. But shipping and customs from the US will be more than 1000 euros nowadays, thanks to certain Mr Donald

·
Registered
126 Posts
Haupti, if the 910 would be straight swap without any electrical hassle, i would be tempted?

Silent, if you were in Europe, i certainly would jump on your engine offer. But shipping and customs from the US will be more than 1000 euros nowadays, thanks to certain Mr Donald
Hi, i have 750 engine for sale, and i'm in Europe, spedition cost will not cost so much

·
Registered
14,212 Posts
?

ViggenF4;
Put a 910 motor in your F4.....
2 Routes;

1 Remove the 910 cooler mount and use the heat exchanger and all it's plumbing
Your pipes will fit
The electrical is plug and play except you'll need a chip from Adam (merc07)

2 Remove the lower radiator and all the heat exchanger plumbing use a Brutale oil cooler
You must use the Brutale head pipes to clear the oil cooler
I DON'T KNOW IF THE FAIRING WILL FIT, I have an extra set of Brutale head pipes to try but the motor
is out of my F4 and I don't have a belly pan
You'll need a chip from Adam
I'd do it the 2nd way makes the bike lighter and it will run cooler and you'll have more power and torque

:wink2:

·
Registered
126 Posts
the 910 engine is going at 11.000rpm, f4 is going at 12.500rpm. Even the torque is different, so for insert a 910 engine on f4 frame you need to change the ecu unit or your bike will have problems.
So it's better to insert an F4 engine in the f4 frame and you'll avoid any future problem.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Pretty sure they are both 16M ECUs mate. Should only need to change the chip.
One hiccup may be on the early 750s the fans are NOT switched on by the ECU like the later 1000s. Not sure if the 910s do.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Exactly! The F4 ecu seems the same of Brutale but are not the same inside, to change the chips inside will costs more that to change ecu directly.
Anyway to insert a brutale engine on f4 frame it's a meaningless thing when the price of engine are almost the same. Also, if you're not expert, to insert a different version engine will give many problems. On F4 frame must insert a F4 engine, He has a first generation of F4 750, so could insert a f4 engine from evo1 until evo3 750cc. After that version or different version (brutale ndr) have to change ecu, also elettronic and elettric things (much difference).
Everything is possible but will cost more that to insert the proper engine.
This is the realiity, the owner can choose if to accept the advice or avoid it.
For sure if he inserts the proper engine will not regret it

·
Super Moderator
21,445 Posts
I'd say that @merc07 can provide a proper ECU Eprom at a cost less than a replacement ECU.

·
Registered
14,212 Posts
?

misty5;
Stop confusing the issue
The 750 motor and the 910 motor use the same sensors and alternator
temp sensor
speed sensor
neutral switch
crankshaft sensor
alternator
Are all the same

The coils don't care which spark plug they are firing

All that is needed is a chip for a 910 Brutale which also eliminates the EBS system

:grin2:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts