MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what kind of temps Brutale owners are seeing in city driving in the warmer climes, like Texas summer weather (90-100 degrees F). I'd like to compare it to my F4 which gets really pissing hot traffic, around 235 F (112 C). I've been toying with the idea of selling my '06 F41000S and replacing it with a Brutale, but I'd like to know how the Brute handles the summer heat.

Ciao,
John

P.S. Anyone interested in working a trade on a Brute for an F4, PM me, and we'll talk about it.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Wow, tempting trade!

My brute runs about 225 in stop and go during 115F and up, so I do all I can to avoid it.
I also run EngineIce and removed the cat. Removing the cat lowered the temp by about 5-10 degrees, and the coolant, while still allowing the bike to heat up while stopped, helps cool it down much faster once moving again.

Also, it seems to me that while brutes don't have a lower radiator, they do have an oil cooler and lack of fairings helps too (I haven't seen any brutale's with the melted fan issue).

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have been curious about "normal" operating temp as well. Here in San Francisco and surrounding area, my 910 has gotten down to the 160 F range while on the freeway/interstate. We haven't had an really hot days yet this year, but stop-and-go-up-and-down the hills around here will get er up between 195 and 210ish (seems right to me). I called the dealer regarding the low temp, thinking maybe a t-stat was a mis. They said it was well within spec for these machines. Any thoughts? :freezing:

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
MVhooligan said:
I have been curious about "normal" operating temp as well. Here in San Francisco and surrounding area, my 910 has gotten down to the 160 F range while on the freeway/interstate. We haven't had an really hot days yet this year, but stop-and-go-up-and-down the hills around here will get er up between 195 and 210ish (seems right to me). I called the dealer regarding the low temp, thinking maybe a t-stat was a mis. They said it was well within spec for these machines. Any thoughts? :freezing:
See Koop's explanation: http://mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6420&page=2&highlight=thermostat

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I don't worry about it. After seeing the MV demo fleet last year at Mid-Ohio during a brutal heat wave, idling and in traffic all day and nothing happening, I think it a lot to do about nothing.

Besides, we all use top quality synthetic oil and change it often right?? :stickpoke

·
Registered
685 Posts
compared to the F4, the 910 is like a freezer. I'll never take the F4 out when its more than 70 degrees F out. Unless u really want to loss a lot of weight. Look at ur F4 fairings, theres no holes at all, except for 2 HUGE gaping slots just right in front of your thighs so u get nice scourching heat blasts!

falcopilot said:
Just curious what kind of temps Brutale owners are seeing in city driving in the warmer climes, like Texas summer weather (90-100 degrees F). I'd like to compare it to my F4 which gets really pissing hot traffic, around 235 F (112 C). I've been toying with the idea of selling my '06 F41000S and replacing it with a Brutale, but I'd like to know how the Brute handles the summer heat.

Ciao,
John

P.S. Anyone interested in working a trade on a Brute for an F4, PM me, and we'll talk about it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
In LA traffic, which is the mother of all traffic, in 90°F ambient temps, I've seen the Brutale get up to 220°F. Wide open on the highway, it's running in the 160° range.

I expect the engine to get up to the 230's+ this summer when it is really hot this summer. I have to go look for a good mesh jacket.

·
Registered
180 Posts
In 30-40 degrees C, In traffic my 910s usually runs between 90-100 degrees C. Occasionally will see over 100. On a recent ride with a mate, his CBR600r was hitting over 110-115C regularly whilst Brutale was comfortably in mid 90's.

·
Registered
109 Posts
721 said:
In 30-40 degrees C, In traffic my 910s usually runs between 90-100 degrees C. Occasionally will see over 100. On a recent ride with a mate, his CBR600r was hitting over 110-115C regularly whilst Brutale was comfortably in mid 90's.
That's good to hear... my CBR600 doesn't get over 108C b/c the fan kicks in at 106C... even in 40+ temps... which we get out here...

·
Registered
922 Posts
Tropical heat here and traffic lights every few hundred meters -- the 750 gets to about 94C when on the move, about 100-104C at the lights but I turn off the engine, about 89C on highway at night. Stop and go traffic no can do (gets up to 108C and more).

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
I've had the Brutale out in 45C, and the temp when moving along never got above 83C. When I've stopped, it's gone up to 93C. Most of the time, even on warm to hot days, it never goes above 78C when moving.

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
I wonder why there are such different experiences of engine temps. Must have something to do with humidity as well, I imagine...

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hmm, based on the posts so far, it appears that the Brute does run notably cooler than the F4 in traffic. Highway temps seem comparable. In cooler weather the F4 runs around 160 F or so, but in summer (90 degrees +) it stays around 173 F at highway speeds.

Has anyone found a source for lower temp thermostats?

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
dearpixel said:
The ugly truth, my ass is hotter than yours.
Forum challenge! Post anonymous pix of your backsides and we'll vote on who has the hottest arse! :)

·
Registered
922 Posts
Sventekoz said:
Forum challenge! Post anonymous pix of your backsides and we'll vote on who has the hottest arse! :)
Brace yourself, and say "cheese". This could get ugly!

Admin, is setting-fire-to-bum-fluff-in-a-vain-attempt-to-influence-voting against the rules?

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
spalding12 said:
my mom always told me that I had the nicest Arse

hmmmmmmm
25 year later.... i NOW realize that statement sounds really horrible :jsm: :)
Better prove it! :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
One things for sure is that the Brutale 750 runs hotter than Brutale 910 in traffic because the fan comes on about 10C hotter.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts