MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People often ask me what the brutale is like to ride. I always find it hard to describe. I came across this review and I think this is a really good description...

"Coming to its dimensions, the Brutale 1078RR is very compact and features robust, high-spec components. The 1078cc engine is simply marvellous – it produces enough power to propel this bike to a top speed of 252km/h, which is not bad at all for a naked. The acceleration feels incredible and it’s virtually impossible to avoid pulling big wheelies in first and second gear. Also, the mid-range if very strong. To give you an idea of how strong, the Brutale 1078RR accelerates from 60km/h to 160km/h in 7.6 seconds, which a Yamaha R1 does in 9.2 seconds."
:yo:
http://www.fasterandfaster.net/2009/04/riding-impression-mv-agusta-brutale.html

·
Registered
871 Posts
Thanks, have the same bike and the same issue here in Indiana, it isn't like anything else.

·
Registered
871 Posts
1078cc, 1090 is still a 1078cc motor but yes, it is calmed down.

·
Registered
871 Posts
1078RR
Type Four cylinder, 4 stroke, 16 valve
Timing system “D.O.H.C”, radial valve
Total displacement 1078.37 cm
(65.78 cu. in.)
Compression ratio 13:1
Starting Electric
Bore x stroke 79 mm x 55 mm (3.1 in. x 2.2 in. )
Max. horse power - r.p.m. (at the crankshaft) 113 Kw (154 HP) at 10700 - Lim. 11650 r.p.m.
Max. torque - r.p.m. 117 Nm (11.7 Kgm) at 8100 r.p.m.
Cooling system Cooling with separated liquid and oil radiators
Engine management system “Weber Marelli” 5SM ignition - injection integrated system; induction discharge electronic ignition; sequential timed “Multipoint” electronic injection
Clutch Wet, multi - disc with mechanical anti-surging device
Gear Box Cassette gearbox; six speed, constant mesh

1090RR (10 less hp than 1078 and the 1090 is 11lbs heavier)
ENGINE
Type Four cylinder, 4 stroke, 16 valve
Timing system “D.O.H.C”, radial valve
Total displacement 1078 cm3
(65.78 cu. in.)
Compression ratio 13:1
Starting Electric
Bore x stroke 79 mm x 55 mm (3.1 in. x 2.2 in. )
Max. horse power - r.p.m. (at the crankshaft) Full power version: 106 kW (144.2 HP) at 10600 / Restricted power version: 73 kW (100 HP) at 8000 Lim. 11650 r.p.m.
Max. torque - r.p.m. Full power version: 115 Nm (11.5 kgm) at 8000 r.p.m. / Restricted power version: 93 Nm (9.3 kgm) at 6600 r.p.m.
Cooling system Cooling with separated liquid and oil radiators
Engine management system Magneti Marelli 5SM ignition - injection integrated system with Mikuni throttle body; induction discharge electronic ignition; sequential timed “Multipoint” electronic injection
Clutch Wet, multi - disc with mechanical anti-surging device
Gear Box Cassette gearbox; six speed, constant mesh

·
Registered
871 Posts
The 1078RR is the end all be all. The 1090 might be a little more styled and have more matching parts but $500 and a good painter did all that for me on mine. My wrist can smooth out the acceleration. I'll take more power, more torque and less weight ANY day over a 1 yr newer model.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow - i feel really lucky to have my 1078rr. It seems that is when the brutale peaked!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Since the thread started out as "brutale description", I'm going to throw on a Dylan Weiss cut on the MV Agusta Brutale after he road the 910R. I like his description of what its like to ride it.

What is great is only MV owners truly know what he's talking about (especially us Brutale riders) :yo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dVKD_dhUdM&feature=fvsr

Side note: If you've never seen the youtube parts 1-5, its definitely worth watching and provides a view at the the care that goes into building our bikes.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Yeah, have seen them all, very good covereage of the bikes and company. "It takes glorious to a new level of glorious." Was my favorite quote. I did a Kawasaki Demo ride just for fun, since I had never ridden one, now I know why, Holy boring hell, how do Jap bike owners continue to live? :) Since Duc owners get to be snobs without judgement, I'm going to be a bit of an MV Snob and say that even though I am a member of a Ducati Owners group because at least their Italian, but I sincerely feel that my 1078RR is the baddest bike in the club.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Vidios

Since the thread started out as "brutale description", I'm going to throw on a Dylan Weiss cut on the MV Agusta Brutale after he road the 910R. I like his description of what its like to ride it.

What is great is only MV owners truly know what he's talking about (especially us Brutale riders) :yo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dVKD_dhUdM&feature=fvsr

Side note: If you've never seen the youtube parts 1-5, its definitely worth watching and provides a view at the the care that goes into building our bikes.
MVABRUTE!! THANKS FOR POSTING THE FLICKS, I ENJOYED THEM THE MUCH. 1090RR :smoking: :wtf:

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
I own a 1078 rr and my mate has just bought a 1090 ,both bikes are just amazing.Mv must be congratulated ,I really feel that the 1090 is a more subtle bike to ride great handlng and the power is still there,this bike is so under rated by many magazines for example mcn and there video placing this bike behind the speed triple ,how do i know well tony brutale now a member of this site owned one for 2 years,my riding mate ,the 1090 blows it out of the water,his words,Now my 1078 just the best after all the mods ,race ecu ,pc5,mirrors ,new corbin seat,decate,yes now it is smooth and still aggressive.but I still prefer the 1090 suspesion just perfect.So after all my mods and stuffing around I would certainly buy a 1090 anyday.Mv well done.
Cheers eddy ps:wish I could own both bikes.

·
Registered
56 Posts
hello people ( NICE PIC`S by the way ).

after reading all the previous posts , i have decided to post this discription of riding a Brutale and a comparison between the 1078 and the 1090 as i have had the fortune of riding them both .
these bikes can both be described as beautiful , powerfull stallions . the 1078 a wild unbridled , beast unleashing it`s power performance and agility in an aggressive fear inducing manor .

the 1090 is the same stallion that has been bridled to give the rider more control and choose when and how it will unleash it`s power , this actually results in covering the same ground with less effort at similar or greater speed .

GO THE BRUTE !!!

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
:mouthwate:mouthwateOH.that girl looks great,if only I was 30 years younger,well I do have the same bike at least.great pics.
cheers eddy:mouthwate:mouthwate

·
Registered
871 Posts
It was at a huge benefit ride. 1000+ Harleys and a dozen or so Jap sport bikes and me. I saw at least 6 Harleys not start when the ride began and had to be pushed out of the way, I saw 5 during the ride pulled over on the side of the road being worked on. I heard starters clicking and not catching at the end of the day. I helped 3 people push their bikes onto trucks. I just sped off after hanging with the Hooters Girls. Silly Americans and their noisy garbage. :) Oh wait.......

1 - 19 of 19 Posts