MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
I really dig the red frame on the silver one. The extra 2 grand will go along way with leathers and gear. I just dont want to look at the black and orange with envy in a few months. I have never had this much trouble with a decision before. I just dont wont to make a mistake. However I have not seen the orange and black in person and may be disappointed.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Dave - I just purchased the silver/red model last month and love it. I'm a big orange fan, but to me a real MV is silver & red - I like the red frame, really sets the bike off.

For me, the down side of the orange is the extra money and longer wait. If I hadn't purchased mine last month, I (or my wife) would have found something else to spend the money on.

It may not make a big difference, but the '07 models have the cat welded to the headers, so to replace the cat with a mid-pipe you have to purchase headers as well. Just a thought.

The '06 models are really priced great, hard to turn down.

Good luck on your selection - you will be happy either way!

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
If you're paying 2 grand for a color, I would say get the silver/red.

I have to be honest though, I payed about $500 more for my matte black than a red bike, but that had much more to do with buying from my local dealer than color preference (although my color is clearly the best :king: )

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
jdog said:
I Love the 910R color scheme. Absolutely stunning. The S bikes are equally as stunning, in my opinion. Here is my question.....Which color scheme on the "S" versions do you like the best...both 750 and 910.
The Gladio scheme of course! :smoking: The R is a cheap reproduction. :) :flickoff:

·
Registered
515 Posts
Your wife and mine are very similar. Thanks for the info on the mid pipe I did not know any of that info. Its a great selling point for the 06. Thanks for the helpful reply!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Hey fazer 6 I saw your album and it looks like you do track days. How does the bike handle out there compared to rest of the pack?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Great info on the 06 vs the 07(thanks DGINAZ)....I like the silver/red frame version very much/classy & sort of tradional MV-regardless either color
is sharp..Best of luck with the new bike & ride safe!

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
dave h said:
Hey fazer 6 I saw your album and it looks like you do track days. How does the bike handle out there compared to rest of the pack?
Phenomenal.

The pics in my gallery don't do it justice; They were taken during the first session of the day when the bike was new on a track I had never ridden (Spring Mt. in NV), and I wasn't doing much more than learning the bike and learning the line, but even still - the thing is smooth.

It's as fast or faster than any 600, and it has the stability of any duc. Just a sweet package.
Granted, the high bars and forward pegs require some adjustment, and you almost end up riding it like a big motard, but everything is just so smooth, and the grip and feedback is tenacious - that trackday was even on the stock Pilot Sports :eek:

Fear of dropping the thing keeps the entry speed down a tad (for me at least), but the thing loves to get full throttle mid-turn and just rockets out of the corner!

I think all owners (or all riders period, for that matter) should take thier bikes to the track to get to know them and see what they can really do.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts