MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm off to the race track next month and wanted a more agressive riding position on the Brutale, so I started my clipons project. I haven't gotten far, so I still have questions on how everything is going to work out, but I thought I would share with you what I have done and learned.

CAG sent me a set of 07' F4 clipons to try out which fit nicely. All the controls from the Brutale match up nicely to the new bars, but I made a mistake of not lining up the throttle clamp in one of the holes which ended up breaking the clamp. I need to order a new one as this is not salvagable at this time.

The headlight housing is not going to work as there is not enough clearance for it and the clipons width. I'm going to have to find an alternative. I do have a CHALLENGE body kit being sent to me which hopefully will arrive next week, so I'll worry about that then.

The only thing that has me sort of worried is that on the F4 clipons near the pivot point on the clamp there is a small (nib) which looks like it mounts into a hole on the bottom of the F4 triple clamp. I assume this is to prevent the clipons from rotating on the forks when pressure is applied. Not sure if it's truely something to worry about at this time as the clamp bolts tightly to the fork.

Attachments

·
Registered
445 Posts
You can grind that nib off no worries. It`s there so the clipons are in the correct position when they assemble the bike at the factory.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
OK, I see what you mean by "damaged"

I have the lower part of the throttle housing. Check your pm.

CAG

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
You can grind that nib off no worries. It`s there so the clipons are in the correct position when they assemble the bike at the factory.
+1, no force should ever be applied to the pin, it's simply a locator--Just like the one on the B4 handlebar clamp.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I have the clamps from an F4 but I need the bars... I thought my standard 7/8" vortex clip-on bars would slide right in but they dont. Anyone have some spare f4 bars they would be willing to sell me? I want to do this project too!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How did it turn out, are you finished with the clipon project?
I'm still waiting for the Challenge parts to arrive. They have been on backorder for awhile now, but I'm told they will be sent end of this week or early next week.

I need to find some 57mm Fork Headlamp brackets to mount the front fairing to as I can not use the stock headlight housing now. I may also have to get shorter clutch and brake lines as the slack is now in the way. I'm hoping to have it all complete in a months time.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
I'm still waiting for the Challenge parts to arrive. They have been on backorder for awhile now, but I'm told they will be sent end of this week or early next week.

I need to find some 57mm Fork Headlamp brackets to mount the front fairing to as I can not use the stock headlight housing now. I may also have to get shorter clutch and brake lines as the slack is now in the way. I'm hoping to have it all complete in a months time.
If you need F4 clutch and brake lines let me know.

Yours for the cost of shipping.

In fact, anyone who is doing this mod and thinks the F4 lines will work, I'll give you the same deal.

CAG

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cag, I'll take you up on that offer. I need to change out my brake fluid soon, so perfect timing.

I purchased the Challenge kit from Vesuvio Racing. Great customer service so far.

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
Cag.... just sell him an F4 :stickpoke ...that way he won't have to do so much change-over on his Brutale!

Looks like Ryan has F4-envy :yo: (sorry couldn't resist)

Bike looks great!!!!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
CAG, Thank you so much for the brake and clutch lines. They are a perfect fit. My Challange parts arrived today as well, so off to the painters and then to be installed.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Those look nice.

I did a similar thing, but I used those swept forwards bars, uh, like cafe/dunstal or whatever the hell they're called. I should've done this, though. I think it'd be a bit better. Ah, well. If'n I ride it underneath a car anytime soon, it'll be on the list of upgrades.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts