Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Dons, yeah I found the bodywork, I have the bellypan. I'm sure it is their race ecu and the short Arrow system from the look of the pics. I'd appreciate it if you could ask him what the setup was. Just my own curiosity. Wonder how close what I have done is to theirs.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Some info guys

Here is a bit of info, as supplied to me, hence the quote.

- Giuseppe -
"I own one of the only two bikes made for the Brutale Challenge... As you certainly know this challenge has never had a start, cause of money lack of the organizer and a deep crisis in MV Agusta factory at that time (it was 2007). I did race for two years (2009-2010) in a championship in Italy named "roadster cup"with mine, just naked bike in it. The other "Brutale challenge"(was my team buddy) had an accident and was destroyed (main frame broken). Even if on the tank was written 1078, the engine was a 910 of 156 hp, tuned from GIMOTORSPORT. The second year of racing we had both an increment of cc from 910 to 989, and in power, to 165 hp, always by GIMOTORSPORT and always with the collaboration of MV Agusta itself, in fact in the owning docs of my bike as first owner appears MV Agusta factory itself.... "

Some more info will be forthcoming shortly I believe, the guy is indeed lucky to still have such a unique bike in his garage.
From what I could see, with the exception of the motor, they used monoblock brake calipers and OEM mastercylinders with custom brake lines. Arrow's exhaust with shorty tailpipe. Carbon Fibre engine protection, the same as I use on my bike. Frame sliders and some very straight handlebars. I have asked about the ECU and suspension, just waiting to hear back.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool, Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Part 2

Another bit of info from Giuseppe

""anyway, handlebars are original ones, foot pegs are by Valtermoto (an Italian factory), steering damper by Öhlins and is the rotary one, back suspension by ohlins, front by Andreani, brakes caliper original by Brembo monocoque, ECU original modified by MV, swing arm original aluminum, little fairings on front and belly by Cruciata, and exhaust by Arrow.... 165 hp on Brutale""

He said he'll send me some hi-res pictures too for you guys who want them.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
it is raw track bodywork, poor finish, says it is ready to paint but it isn't. No heat-shielding. Only took a couple weeks to get the bellypan but it took them 3 months to track down and send the 2 much needed mounting brackets to actually install it. The screen needs to be recut and fitted to. It is not installed. It works with or without the Cat, don't listen if somebody tries to say it won't. Good luck if you are really going to do it.

I need the belly pan and the little front fairing.

Can you help a brother out, Dons?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts