MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
When you do that you can no longer hook up the spring is that correct? I will be doing this pretty soon too...
Correct. You can move the tab and just weld it at a point closer to the headers, or leave it off completely. I have chosen to leave it off. No problems so far.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Hmmm I could always just safety wire it or something like that... Or yeah have that tab re-welded at the appropriate distance...

·
Registered
35 Posts
I put mine on without cutting. Pics are in album. Would probably look better shorter. I may do that in the future.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just wondering how many of you with the arrow thunder have pulled out the Db killer. Took mine out and noticed a slight loss in power just off of idle. Not a big deal just wondering if this happens to other Brutes?

·
Not very lucky..
1,431 Posts
I occasionally ride without it and can't feel any difference in power delivery
Then again I did buy a new eprom from FBF and gave them my specs (thunder exhaust, BMC air filter)

·
Registered
415 Posts
Just wondering how many of you with the arrow thunder have pulled out the Db killer. Took mine out and noticed a slight loss in power just off of idle. Not a big deal just wondering if this happens to other Brutes?
Ok, don´t know about loosing power just off of idle, not that concerned either - i´m never there, but my machine goes more bezerk over 9000 without the killer and thats more interesting to me: ) Edit: The bike is setup with PCIII
Unfortunately it sounds way (way) to much without the killer, I have now bought an extra one to experiment with, wil shorten it to try to tune the sound a bit, and hopefully end up somewhere in between..

·
Registered
88 Posts
Darkside,

Nice setup! Notice a difference with the Eprom? Was thinking of getting one. As to the Db killer. It's not really a big deal because there is a noticeable power increase up in the higher revs. I will most likely be doing most of my street riding with it in for more usable power.

·
Not very lucky..
1,431 Posts
To me, no difference between eproms. I think I should have just bought the power commander and had it properly tuned instead of going the generic route :conveyer:

·
Registered
88 Posts
the_thomas,

Just a thought. I've tried cutting down the Db killer in other exhaust systems as well. I have had much better luck with porting instead. Really allows you to fine tune the sound you want. And helps with power as well!!

·
Registered
415 Posts
the_thomas,

Just a thought. I've tried cutting down the Db killer in other exhaust systems as well. I have had much better luck with porting instead. Really allows you to fine tune the sound you want. And helps with power as well!!
Aha, thanks for the advise, this could very well become a very stupid expensive experiment (the little thing costed me 90 usd after taxes and shipping :rant:)

·
Registered
88 Posts
DAMN!!!! That's rough. Good luck with the experiment. On the I4 engines lots of small holes sound the best. But that's just my opinion.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts