MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Speaking as someone who locked the front wheel in the summer in the dry, a further description of which would end in ouch, this is a good move.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Definitly a prototype!
Could be that the 2013 models can get delivered with it.
Not much info available yet on the new models.

Will tell you all more in 2-3 weeks time! :naughty:

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
my R1150GS has ABS and it sucks......OK, its 10 years old, maybe they improved it......

maybe:stickpoke

·
Super Moderator
22,504 Posts
my R1150GS has ABS and it sucks......OK, its 10 years old, maybe they improved it......

maybe:stickpoke

I have improved with age, Noel...why wouldn't ABS?:smoking:

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Gorgeous wheels, and possibly the ugliest front fender ever. I'd rather have ABS than traction control. The new Brute seems pretty nice.

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
abs & 'fly by wire' ?

I have improved with age, Noel...why wouldn't ABS?:smoking:
maybe Toyota helped them.....

and 'fly by wire' too?

whats wrong with a throttle cable?
i've had infinitely more trouble with electronics than ALL the throttle linkages i've ever dealt with :stickpoke

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Gorgeous wheels, and possibly the ugliest front fender ever. I'd rather have ABS than traction control. The new Brute seems pretty nice.

The fender is cheap plastic... the Mv brutties after 2009.......srr but ........it,s like it is.
Look at the F4 RR , Mv can still finish a bike nice :)

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
maybe Toyota helped them.....

and 'fly by wire' too?

whats wrong with a throttle cable?
i've had infinitely more trouble with electronics than ALL the throttle linkages i've ever dealt with :stickpoke
Throttle by wire? Who wants uncontrollable surprise full on acceleration? On a motorcycle? Have you owned a Prius? Listen to the Knurl.:drummer:

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Throttle by wire? Who wants uncontrollable surprise full on acceleration? On a motorcycle? Have you owned a Prius? Listen to the Knurl.:drummer:
Many manufacturer's have been using fly by wire for a few years now, with increasing success. It might take a bit to get used to, but it will come good in the long run.
There is just far more advantages than disadvantages, so much more can be done in today's world of emission control and bikes that's far more powerful than 10-20 years ago.
I listen to Noel all the time, but I know he hates electronics, and rightly so, but it's the way forward and if you don't learn to use it, you will be left faaaaar behind.:)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Ordered my MY2013 1090R saturday. No signs of Brutale's getting delivered with ABS.
Just a prototype as i mentioned earlier. Looks like they are trying different solutions before 2016.
By then manufacturers must have ABS available on their new bikes here in Europe.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts