MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if I could get some feedback from taller riders for the Brutale. Some of the reviews mention that the bike might be a bit small for taller riders. I am 6' 2"/200lbs and wonder how comfortable or uncomfortable the pre 2010 model Brutales might be?

·
Registered
425 Posts
I'm 6'3" and 94kgs, so you're not far off me.

So far I've had no complaints on the bike, in fact I find it a bit easier on the back and bum than my '08 GSXR 750.

I've recently fitted aftermarket rearsets, and with my big hoofs, I set them as far back from the levers as possible. This has folded up my legs a bit more than the stock pegs, and is probably not that necessary, so will be moving them lower and a bit more forward this weekend to give me a bit more leg room.

I would recommend the rearsets, as at your height, you've probably got big feet as well, and the stock pegs only really accommodate about half your foot.

Other than that, you will "look" a little more cramped than other smaller riders, but I doubt you'd find it uncomfortable. Your knees will sit a bit more forward than a smaller rider also, but with the absence of any fairings, there is nothing for your knees to rub against, so no discomfort there either.

Only other recommendation would be tank grips if you're intending doing track days, or quick road rides. They really help position you on the bike so you can place your weight where you want it.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
I'm 6'2" and i'm pretty used to the 'leg room' from the brutale and the F4. It might feel different vs. what you might be used to prior. Definitely just go test ride one! I can do hundreds of miles on the brutale and feel fine :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies so far. I will demo both a 2009 and 2010 Brutale tomorrow. I hope to demo a 2006 F4 this weekend which is for sale at a very good price. My current ride is a Ducati 851 which can be a torture rack on long rides but makes such sweet music to the ears.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm over 6'2" (I think - 190cm = + 6'2"?) & 82kg. I have no problems on the 1078 other than pegs (but that's just the rh one as exhaust cover stops me getting my boot in the right position on the peg. Fixed it by putting in 20mm spacers that pack out the rearset (not worried about the slight loss of lean angle, at least not on the road anyway). A good set of rearsets would be the way to go though.

I'd be surprised if you found it uncomfortable. My bro is even taller than me, and pushing over 100kg, and he loves it.

·
Registered
983 Posts
No problem for me either. I'm 192cm tall and weighs approximately 110kg. I feel less tired in the legs on the brutale than on my old Kawa zx6r even if the seat is a bit thinner.

A Brutare is no Turing bike, but you will not be disappointed. You will not feel tired, just happy for a really fun machine.

Run out and buy it.:ahhh:

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I am 6'2 ish and was 300lb, and still fitted.
jesus Donsy, congrats on the weight loss. You were a pretty big boy.:drummer:

·
Registered
272 Posts
6'3" here. No problems.

'09 1078RR

It's a smaller bike, but I've ridden it non-stop for 200 miles (except for gas of course) in a matter of 4 hours and was fine.

One of the best bikes ever made in my opinion. I've owned 2. Couldn't imagine not having one.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
mate im 6ft 1 1/2 i have no probs with it at all fits like a silk glove and heard all that crap to .. the only think i did was roll the bars about an inch forward
i think shortarses have more probs than us normal sized ppl

1 - 12 of 12 Posts