MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, I rode a friend's '06 910 Brutale. It was so much fun that I'm now looking for one for myself. I'd like to find one that matches my '05 red/silver F4. My friend's bike is in the traditional red/silver livery with matching silver star wheels. IOW, exactly what I'm looking for. Short of taking his, I hoping that some of you can answer the following:

Which years are available in red/silver paint with silver star wheels, and 910 or larger engines? Which years came with silver star wheels? I saw a Craigslist ad the other day for an '08 Brutale, but the pic showed star wheels. I thought the factory switched to a different wheel after '06. Perhaps this was a typo on the seller's part.

If I can't find a match, should I hold out for an "R", a 1078, a 1090, or even a B3? I really liked the ergos of my friend's 910. His has a Microtech, Arrow exhaust, and is 2T up the rear. It was perfect for me. I won't be doing any long distance touring or track days with it, just occasional canyon rides, or when I simply want to have fun.

Are there any inherent flaws that I should be aware of such as hub failures, overheating issues, or ???

If I need to chose, would I be better off finding a B4 with star wheels, then painting to match, or one in red/silver and finding OEM star wheels?

So many questions. I know, I know; I should simply take his!

Thank you in advance for your advice. If any of you have questions Re MX or off-road bikes, please PM me.

·
Administrator
19,545 Posts
All the 910S came with star wheels through 2008 (US). The 910R came with the Y spoke forged wheels.

2008 (US) model year Brutales got the 5SM ECU and the other relevant EFI system improvements...

So look for any 910S model to buy.

If you really like the star wheels and find a bike with the Y spokes it would be easy to find some star wheels and have them painted silver. The Y spoke wheels are much lighter and you will have no problem selling them.

As a matter of fact, I have some clean straight gun metal gray Stars I will swap with you....I'll even toss in a few hundred to pay for the repaint to silver.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, Ed. Now the search begins in earnest.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
910R is the pinnacle of first gen Bruties. The 1078 may be a little stouter, but the 910 is way prettier.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for your replies and advice. Another member here has contacted me about selling his 910, and I think that I'll soon be joining the ranks of B4 owners. Please don't tell the F4 guys; you know how they can get.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts