MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here have both bikes or ride both, or ride both? I am looking at a comparison of rear suspension. The 1090RR has a little higher speck sachs shock and I am wondering if the upgrade is noticeable in performance. My 990R is a little stiff in the back and I get a few hard pops sometimes, I am still looking to potentially upgrade to the sachs 1090RR rear. Please advise.

Thanks

HT

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
As an average rider, I still appreciate the adjustability of the RR suspension.
After doing California Superbike School, I learnt the rider has more effect on bike behaviour long before the bike limitations kick in.
Our local roads range from nice racetrack smoothness to downright corrugated rubbish. My experience is that the workshop manual settings are suitable for relatively good road conditions.

I have departed from those settings because most of my riding time is spent on less than pristine roads, and I have been able to set the bike up for a good compromise for comfort and handling.

Hope that helps, it is quite hard to communicate what are subjective judgements in an environment with a lot of variables.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As an average rider, I still appreciate the adjustability of the RR suspension.
After doing California Superbike School, I learnt the rider has more effect on bike behaviour long before the bike limitations kick in.
Our local roads range from nice racetrack smoothness to downright corrugated rubbish. My experience is that the workshop manual settings are suitable for relatively good road conditions.

I have departed from those settings because most of my riding time is spent on less than pristine roads, and I have been able to set the bike up for a good compromise for comfort and handling.

Hope that helps, it is quite hard to communicate what are subjective judgements in an environment with a lot of variables.
Sounds good enough for me, thanks for the feedback!

HT

·
Registered
21 Posts
IMHO, if I'd was to upgrade, I'd put a TTX instead, better performance and better resale value for all its worth. Sachs are good shocks, and the ones they put on the 1090rr they're probably even a bit better than the ones on the 990R, but almost anything compares to a TTX.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts