MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!

Anybody knows what is the torque for the swing arm hub bolts in the Brute 990R?

I need this information to tighten the chain....I have been looking for this information in the manuals but no luck.

Thanks,
Celica

·
Registered
851 Posts
Don't know the numbers for 990/1090 (guessing at the same though 28-32 Nm for the hub pinch bolts) I would err on the slack side for chain adjustment especially as the 90s have a longer swinging arm - after you have finished I'd sit on it and get someone else to check for free play...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I known the specification for the pre 2010 models...28-32Nm. But the new models have a new redesigned hub, that's why I wondering if the hub bolts torque have change...

I have not seen any sticker on the hub with the bolts torque...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Same as earlier, the 990/1090 manual states 28-32nm
Chris
Chris,
Where have you found this information? I have checked european and USA manuals for the 990/1090 and I cannot find it!

Please, let me know...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Torque

Chris,
Where have you found this information? I have checked european and USA manuals for the 990/1090 and I cannot find it!

Please, let me know...
In addition to being printed on a data label on the rear hub, the info is printed numerous times in the manual. Below is a screen shot from page B-55.

Best wishes,
Dick

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dick,
I do not have that manual... :(

Is it a PDF or printed version? Does it come with your bike or have you ordered?

Regards,
CarlosF.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hi Celics, the manual I received is a PDF. There are two of them, a Chassis manual, and an Engine manual. They overlap one another bit, but the engine manual goes into complete disassembly of the engine and associated parts, in great detail.

I received both manuals from the dealer when he delivered the bike.

Best wishes,
Dick

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Celics, the manual I received is a PDF. There are two of them, a Chassis manual, and an Engine manual. They overlap one another bit, but the engine manual goes into complete disassembly of the engine and associated parts, in great detail.

Best wishes,
Dick
So, I will talk with my dealer to request mine.

Thanks,
CarlosF.

·
Registered
69 Posts

Best wishes,
Dick
Can you send me a copy or are thay available from MV do you know? I aint got em either ....

·
Registered
422 Posts
Both are available from the dealer.....IIRC, I believe they came on a USB stick when you buy a bike (in the presentation box)...Both PDF's are large and can't be emailed.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have talked with my Dealer in Spain...In Europe the 990/1090 workshop manuals are not provided with the bike... :(

Anybody can upload the 990/1090 workshop manuals and share the links? Pleeeeeeaseeeee.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts