MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

Anybody knows what is it the mileage recommended for air filter and spark plugs replacement on an Brute 990R?

Thanks in advanced!

Celica

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you had a look in the Workshop manuals Celica, it's in there I'm sure.
Yes I did...but it says to check the air filter every 6.000km (3.700 miles) and replace if necessary. And my question is, based in your experience, when I should change it?

In the other way, a friend of mine talks me about to replace spark plugs at the same time I replace the air filter...but I do not know why...

Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Celica, in my experience the original air filter is not the best quality, and can certainly be improved upon once it's done a bit of work.
There are quite a few options out there so I'm not going to recommend other than the one's I have used which is either MWR or BMC.
Plugs the guys usually replace at the 3rd service I think, but many others change to Iridium plugs as soon as possible.

You have nothing to loose, and lots to gain, so if you have the $ I would say just change them now.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Celica, in my experience the original air filter is not the best quality, and can certainly be improved upon once it's done a bit of work.
There are quite a few options out there so I'm not going to recommend other than the one's I have used which is either MWR or BMC.
Plugs the guys usually replace at the 3rd service I think, but many others change to Iridium plugs as soon as possible.

You have nothing to loose, and lots to gain, so if you have the $ I would say just change them now.
Thank you, Donsy.
I will go for a complete replacement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts