MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am currently riding a Brutale 920 MY 2012. Today I realized that a triumph dealer has opened in town. Before getting my MV I was aiming to get the new ST R but couldn't since there were no Triumph dealer.

What is your take on switching from a B920 to a ST R. I like to hear your thoughts, pros and cons, etc...

Thanks

·
Registered
382 Posts
Definitely the ST R. Less there are people using a MV Agusta, more special my MV is.
Depending on where you are based, the ST R is most certainly cheaper to service.
ST R probably drinks less petrol than MV because all bikes do, even without the fuel leaking from the connectors.
Joke aside, the ST R was my first choice. Then I saw this. Vanity, vanity, vanity.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I had a street triple for four fantastic years, road it all over Europe on road trips . It was a great bike .
I've had my 920 for two years and test rode a new STR a couple of months ago and was quite prepared to trade the MV in there and then if it was as good as I remembered mine was.
After a couple of hours riding I thought it was a nice bike but it didn't win me over . On the ride home I thought, what were you thinking? You have the best naked bike going right here, why was I even looking at anything else?
For me the Triumph had a lower seat height,used less fuel and i've got a dealer 15 mins away, they were the only real positives .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doggy having ridden both bikes, how does the B920 compares to the ST R in terms of handling and power?
xeorex I totally get your point, but you know how one always thinks that other bikes are better than his? well this is where I am now, that's why I need to hear other thoughts...

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Isn't that like giving up Cinderella for the ugly step sister?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Why give yourself such a dilemma, it's OK to have 2+ bikes.

I've ridden an STR and lovely bike that it is, it didn't excite me in the slightest. Now I've never ridden an MV (no demo's around here) but I know I want to own one. That to me says it all.

If there is one brand that would convert someone to riding a bike, you just have to show them an MV. Job done.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Isn't that like giving up Cinderella for the ugly step sister?
:laughing:

It is such a good think we must wear a helmet,
It hides that smug face you can't stop having while riding this bike.
She does give that feeling :king:

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
No comparison mv hands down.i have my misses str new in the garage .have taken it out twice and does nothing for me at all.but very good bike for my lady.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
how can we answer a question on your taste's
if you like the mv keep it if you don't and prefer the rattleumph get that

eddy do I want a ham or jam sambo, m8

·
Registered
67 Posts
At the end of the day, both bikes are more than my skills can handle, but I love my MV because people literally stop and stare when I ride by.

I wouldn't give that up for better fuel performance, a lower seat height or a few extra dollars saved on servicing.

Go with the bike that gives you the biggest hard on! :mouthwate

·
Registered
608 Posts
You want to change an Italian beauty for a Thai bike?

What I have read in German motorcycle magazines most of the Triumph bikes are assembled now in Thailand.

Check out the frame stickers:
F4 and F5 are built in Thailand
F2 stands for Hinckley

The new triples are ugly - nothing else.....

·
Registered
229 Posts
I agree. Owned an 06 speed triple, built in hinckley, sold it for 1090... Still dig the 05-10 design. HATE the looks of the new speed and street. MV is a different league altogether.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Doggy having ridden both bikes, how does the B920 compares to the ST R in terms of handling and power?
xeorex I totally get your point, but you know how one always thinks that other bikes are better than his? well this is where I am now, that's why I need to hear other thoughts...
On paper there's 1/10ths of a second between them so performance is virtually identical, power versus weight . BUT the MV always feels quicker to me . Handling in my opinion is also virtually identical, thats one of the reasons I bought my MV because it handle superb, just like my old Triumph . The suspension on the MV is in a different league though, miles better . I bought a different rear shock and front fork springs for the trumpet and it still never handled the bumps as my 920 does now .

What can't be measured is that feeling when I open the garage door and see that I own an MV Agusta . Priceless .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts