MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, went to start my 920 up after work and the dash lights came on but nothing showed on the display and the rev counter needle stayed put. She refuses to start. I've tried jump leads but to no avail. Could the humidity have screwed something up? Has anyone else suffered with this? Many thanks in advance (ps I'm currently stood on the side of the road waiting for a lift home and very sad.)

·
Administrator
20,056 Posts
Sounds like a very flat battery.... poor connection anyway. Let us know what you find.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like a very flat battery.... poor connection anyway. Let us know what you find.
40 amp fuse?
Thanks,
Have just had the AA out who checked battery, fuses etc... They seem to think it's the Datatool Immobiliser playing silly buggers.
The Alarms warning light no longer flashes which I never spotted earlier so I'm guessing I'll end up having to remove the Alarm and Immobiliser.
Anyway they're coming to recover the bike back for me.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Do a search on this forum, and you will find a few threads about alarms and the mischief they cause with electronics on MV’s.
General consensus appears to be that they are not compatible.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The bikes finally made it home, Will be removing the DataTrash tomorrow. Besides connecting the original wires back together is there any sneaky tricks I should watch out for? Thanks for all your input.

·
Super Moderator
22,472 Posts
Those terminal could simply be shorted by the build up. Clean it with Electronics Spray Cleaner and see if that solves the issue.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
After trying everything else I can think of I'm now looking at the Transponder, Got a friend to check both my keys on his magical device but neither showed up as giving out a signal (he's only ever used it on car keys before)
I can't find any sign of current passing through the two wires from the dash to the transponder or vice versa and so was hoping you lovely people could help with info on how to either bypass the transponder or to remove it completely? Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
After trying everything else I can think of I'm now looking at the Transponder, Got a friend to check both my keys on his magical device but neither showed up as giving out a signal (he's only ever used it on car keys before)
I can't find any sign of current passing through the two wires from the dash to the transponder or vice versa and so was hoping you lovely people could help with info on how to either bypass the transponder or to remove it completely? Many thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
20,056 Posts
Isn't the transponder just an antennae? you wouldn't measure current there....I don't think.

Does your bike have the Marelli 5SM ecu ?? The VDST software has a tab in active controls section for the immobilizer if memory serves.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the input people, The Instrument Cluster is currently being repaired as it's fallen foul to the British Weather... I'm hoping and preying that this will solve the issue.. The transponder Antenna from what I can make out delivers a signal to the Instrument Panel which in turn tells the ECU weather it should start or not.... Fingers crossed this works out as otherwise I'm probably looking at some serious spending. ?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Wow - this man has skills. Great work, hope it does the job for you. You've got plenty of rain to test it atm.

Love the look of your bike - so cool in black and grey.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow - this man has skills. Great work, hope it does the job for you. You've got plenty of rain to test it atm.

Love the look of your bike - so cool in black and grey.
I've never heard it be called that before! ?
Might have to seal off the back of the unit also judging by the condensation that got trapped in my new cover.
Thankyou.. Blacks my favourite Bike colour ?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Good News people, Received the New Clocks today from Italy and she's running again!! ? I'm a happy boy once again!
Thanks for all your input.
I've Fabricated a Perspex cover for the Instrument cluster so hopefully this will never happen again!!
Great exhaust mate. Is it custom or off the shelf? Could not find it on the SC website.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Great exhaust mate. Is it custom or off the shelf? Could not find it on the SC website.
Hiya, Further to your PM, You'll need to order two of each part shown In the attached pictures,
The Adapter Pipe will need cutting down and sanding both inside and out in order to fit the Factory Cat and again on the outside to fit the connecting pipe.
The bottom connector pipe will need cutting down in order to fit both cans in.
Two brackets will need to be made, I used thick alloy sheet to do this, one to hold pipes together and the other to hold the pipes to the mounting point. (look at standard pipes for ideas)
Rivet nuts are a godsend as well as a good set of drill bits in order to attach this lot together ?
I made the heat shield to prevent plastic burn.
(I'm spraying the brackets and heat shield black once a little tidying up has been done)
This will take alot of time and swearing to complete especially if like me you have little tools and no space.
Ps the box's, clamps and pipes came from Wish.
The Adapter pipe's website is shown in top of picture.
All in all this lot cost me about £130-£140 to complete.
Tip... Wish's prices fluctuate wildly so order low obviously ?

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts