MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Mine's played up a few times in the wet. Only rains here in the wet season and if it's a good wet by fuck does it piss down. We usually cop this when we ride up the Tablelands near Cairns. Dropped a coil on one trip down the Gillies in pissing rain a few years back. Set off back to Townsville the next day on 3 cylinders and it slowly cleared itself by Innisfail (rain capital of the world). Recently missed all the way down the Palmerstone Hwy. in rain, mist and fog then cleared when it dried.

Like Ed says all the connectors need cleaning and sealing. I'll get round to it one day. Reminds me of a trip we did up that way years ago when I had a Harley. Rained overnight and the 6-8 lads with Ducatis couldn't start theirs for ages. I think that was Lucas electrics though, they were old 750's and Pantahs.

Cheers

Deano

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Mine's played up a few times in the wet. Only rains here in the wet season and if it's a good wet by fuck does it piss down. We usually cop this when we ride up the Tablelands near Cairns. Dropped a coil on one trip down the Gillies in pissing rain a few years back. Set off back to Townsville the next day on 3 cylinders and it slowly cleared itself by Innisfail (rain capital of the world). Recently missed all the way down the Palmerstone Hwy. in rain, mist and fog then cleared when it dried.

Like Ed says all the connectors need cleaning and sealing. I'll get round to it one day. Reminds me of a trip we did up that way years ago when I had a Harley. Rained overnight and the 6-8 lads with Ducatis couldn't start theirs for ages. I think that was Lucas electrics though, they were old 750's and Pantahs.

Cheers

Deano
Sounds like it was an epic journey and a lot of fun even with the problems... I'm in the UK though, Rain Capital of the entire universe!!

·
Registered
14,212 Posts
?

Sounds like it was an epic journey and a lot of fun even with the problems... I'm in the UK though, Rain Capital of the entire universe!!
Rain?........per year average

San Diego CA 12"
Los Angeles CA 15"
London England 22.9"
New Orleans 64"
Miami Beach 66.5"
Scotland UK 118"
Olympic Peninsula Washington St 200"
Mt Kaialeala on the island of Kaual.......fucking 460".....that's over 1.26" PER DAY

Fix your bike>:)>:)>:)

21 - 24 of 24 Posts