·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I am the proud owner if a Brutale 920 (2011),
I am in search of an Eprom chip a Direct replacement for the standard ECU chip,

But cannot seem to find one for my model ,
Is there anywhere out there i can get one of these?
Or similar/equivalent chip ?
I have seen dyno performance chips on offer
http://www.ebay.com/itm/160961674584
Does anyone have any experience or reviews on the above item ?

My goal is to smooth out the rev range, minimising the jerky throttle response in low gears ,
And to add a few HP would be a bonus,

Thanks in advance :smoking:

Andy

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
No,buy a pc5 and don't waste your money on this. check your ecu if it is 5sm the 1090 pc5 should work,Buy the looks of your picture you have done a decate and muffler change,this straight away has effected your tuning,Maybe also have a talk to Chris from X bikes on his microtec .
Basically you now have to spend some serious cash,yes, have fun.There are many threads on this ,search the forum .or others will chime in.

cheers eddy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Eddie,
Yes I have fitted a full Arrow thunder system to the bike ,
I will have a look at the the ecu when i get in to see if its 5sm,
I was considering the pc5 and dyno run setup ,
And yes i know its going to hit my pocket hard but i just wont tell the wife the full story haha

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol
I have my parcels delivered to the office ,
Sorted ,
She still thinks the full arrow system was a bargain at £180 hahaha

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Smart Man ,but if your wife is like mine ,she knows . 180 pounds Wow that's a bargain ?. I am sure other guys on here have done other tunning mods to there bikes. Would be interesting if anyone has tried that link you posted.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
P.s how can i contact chris ?
Ta
:wave: hello.

Lol
I have my parcels delivered to the office ,
Sorted ,
She still thinks the full arrow system was a bargain at £180 hahaha
Smart Man ,but if your wife is like mine ,she knows . 180 pounds Wow that's a bargain ?. I am sure other guys on here have done other tunning mods to there bikes. Would be interesting if anyone has tried that link you posted.

Many many years ago i stood in my shop about to fit a full akro system to a customers 1200 Bandit, then set it up on the dyno etc. All in around £1500 worth of work from memory. Anyway his phone rings and he answers it...................it's the :thewife:, basically his side of the conversation went something like this.

"yeah i'm at the bike shop now"
"yeah the guy's just sorting some basic stuff out now and fixing that exhaust problem"
The next question from her i'm guessing was "what exhaust problem" as he replied
"you know that issue of it being too quiet and dangerous when i'm out riding?"
"Yeah that's right well they have this better end can that can be fitted"
"pfffft nah not much, quite cheap actually, they're fitting it and setting it up for £150"
"well it needs setting up to make it safe.............no not faster, safer. It'll be much smoother to ride especially for you as a pillion love"
"No i didn't think that was too expensive either"
"yeah ok, well i think he'll be finished in a few hours so will see you then"
"right ok bye"

he reckoned he did this all the time although i'm thinking his misses was nowhere near as daft as he thought.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha so true ,
I gave the smoother ride and better sound line to my good lady aswell ,
In fairness she wasn't impressed with the sound of the standard brute when i bought it , after being used to the jet engine sound of my old blade that had been fully tuned ,
The things us men have to do for a quiet life eh hahaha

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
X81 ,is Chris, Pm him,

Your a funny man Chris, yep I have done the same thing, but she is a bookkeeper ,my chances are virtually zero LOL

CHEERS EDDY

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Ajmz74, what did you end up doing with tuning on your 920?

Did you find out if it had the 5sm? Did you end up fitting the 1090 pc5?

The previous owner of my 2011 Brutale 920 took off the cat converter and fitted the straight through pipe available from MV site. See link below, says exhuast + ECU and explains that it comes with mapping.

How can I tell if my bike has the ECU with mapping?

When I got it it was in sport mode, but ran like a dog, had fowled plugs sticky throttle body, stalled randomly and couldn't hold even at idle. Plus chews fuel at a ridiculous rate. It's had a full service, plugs and all as it was at 6500klm. Runs better, but pops and kinda backfires. Really only feels right fully under throttle.

Riding around not in sport mode for the moment.

Was considering a power commander and dyno tuning. But perhaps the pc5 might be the solution?

Any advice how to get this bike running smooth? Would be good to have it smooth and good for around town when not in sport mode and have tune in sport mode for getting up in.

http://www.mvagusta.com/en-gb/special-parts/exhaust-system/brutale-920/stainless-steel-complete-manifold-no-cat-brutale-920-ecu/

1 - 13 of 13 Posts