MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I changed my oem exhaust a while back (due to rusting) to the Arrow exhaust and now wondering what tuners you all recommend. Mine is running a bit lean and cuts out from time to time.
Thanks
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like an early year with the 1.6M ECU
Contact our own @merc07 (Adam) about an EProm.
@silentservice703 ,
It's actually an 08 but with a different tank (the original tank was warped at the pump entry point). Everything else is all original other than the exhaust but I'll definitely reach out to @merc07.
Thanks Again
Joe T

·
Super Moderator
25,763 Posts
If it's an '08, then Adam won't be able to help you since teh ECU will be a 5SM.
Those brakes don't look like '08 brakes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
@silentservice703 ,
It's actually an 08 but with a different tank (the original tank was warped at the pump entry point). Everything else is all original other than the exhaust but I'll definitely reach out to @merc07.
Thanks Again
Joe T
Can I ask what happened to cause your tank to warp? I'm having the exact same problem at the moment I think. I live in the desert so maybe the plastic melted around the nuts that the fuel pump plate screws into. Having a hard time fixing it so that the o-rings will seal evenly.

·
Super Moderator
25,763 Posts
@Only1jt - What is the tenth digit of your VIN?

@livelloliquido - The early tanks were mad of a material that was susceptible to swelling and bubbling from fuels. Ethanol fuel made it worse.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can I ask what happened to cause your tank to warp? I'm having the exact same problem at the moment I think. I live in the desert so maybe the plastic melted around the nuts that the fuel pump plate screws into. Having a hard time fixing it so that the o-rings will seal evenly.

@livelloliquido - The early tanks were made of a material that was susceptible to swelling and bubbling from fuels. Ethanol fuel
I bought mine with said issue and @esq'z me helped me sort this problem out. The best we could figure one of the fuel lines came off and was leaking fuel causing the warping. The pump had also been taken out incorrectly at some point as the bolt screws had been pretty completely pulled because whoever didn't utilize the jacking bolt points to pull it out. If your pump is pretty much falling out instead of staying in by itself with the seals, that is probably your issue for sure. The way we got around this entire issue as I mentioned was to mount a different tank.

@livelloliquido - The early tanks were mad of a material that was susceptible to swelling and bubbling from fuels. Ethanol fuel made it worse.
@silentservice703 ,
I'll have to check this evening as Im on shift today but I'll get back with you on it.

·
Old Wing Nut
24,885 Posts
Joe has a 2008 910S....brakes etc are all correct. Tank is a silver tank that came from @haupti when he moved back to Germany...I sent Ralf the money Joe paid for it.
His original tank was red. He wanted a silver Brutale anyway, so it was a win for everyone.
His tank wasn't deformed anywhere except at the pump plate. The pump literally just fell out, and the molded in mounts were all deformed and partly pulled out. Pump just would not seal no matter what I tried. I blame to original owner.

Joe's bike has the 5SM ECU.
Joe, you need to look for the MV Corse "kit" ECU or a Microtec. Better yet, get your ECU flashed by someone who can do that. @silentservice703 (Chuck) knows a guy in New England....OR you could go the PowerCommander route. I have a source for the PC and dyno tuning near where I live if that's what you want to do.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Joe has a 2008 910S....brakes etc are all correct. Tank is a silver tank that came from @haupti when he moved back to Germany...I sent Ralf the money Joe paid for it.
His original tank was red. He wanted a silver Brutale anyway, so it was a win for everyone.
His tank wasn't deformed anywhere except at the pump plate. The pump literally just fell out, and the molded in mounts were all deformed and partly pulled out. Pump just would not seal no matter what I tried. I blame to original owner.

Joe's bike has the 5SM ECU.
Joe, you need to look for the MV Corse "kit" ECU or a Microtec. Better yet, get your ECU flashed by someone who can do that. @silentservice703 (Chuck) knows a guy in New England....OR you could go the PowerCommander route. I have a source for the PC and dyno tuning near where I live if that's what you want to do.
Hey Ed,
I really like the Power Commander idea as I've worked with them before but having some issues finding one for mine. Any idea on where I can find one new or used?
Thanks
Joe

·
Old Wing Nut
24,885 Posts
Hey Ed,
I really like the Power Commander idea as I've worked with them before but having some issues finding one for mine. Any idea on where I can find one new or used?
Thanks
Joe
I'll ask my friends who are the experts in these things. I put one on my 910R once....it is the same basic unit used on the F4 and others. The wiring harness is the main difference. I had to reverse the polarity of the injector connections for it to work on my bike. (originally made for a different MV model)

Reactions: Only1jt

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll ask my friends who are the experts in these things. I put one on my 910R once....it is the same basic unit used on the F4 and others. The wiring harness is the main difference. I had to reverse the polarity of the injector connections for it to work on my bike. (originally made for a different MV model)
Ed,
Much appreciated. Im going to keep on looking. Almost seems as if they've quit making for the older MV Agustas'.

·
Old Wing Nut
24,885 Posts
I checked today. DynoJet discontinued the PCIII years ago. They are now up to the PC6 which is vastly more sophisticated. Unfortunately, they do not offer the newer PowerCommander for any MVs, and do not support or offer the old PCIII anymore.
If you want a PowerCommander for a first generation MV you will have to find a used or NOS PCIII somewhere.

time to look at a Microtec.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I checked today. DynoJet discontinued the PCIII years ago. They are now up to the PC6 which is vastly more sophisticated. Unfortunately, they do not offer the newer PowerCommander for any MVs, and do not support or offer the old PCIII anymore.
If you want a PowerCommander for a first generation MV you will have to find a used or NOS PCIII somewhere.

time to look at a Microtec.
That's what I've been saying. Even tried contacting Dyno Jet with no further luck. It's definitely starting to look like Microtec to me too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's what I've been saying. Even tried contacting Dyno Jet with no further luck. It's definitely starting to look like Microtec to me too.
"Saying" was supposed to seeing..dumb spell check.

·
Old Wing Nut
24,885 Posts
The Microtec in the USA is available from The Duck Shop in Atlanta Ga. Hold onto your wallet….. it’s $1000. USD.
DucShop has been bought out by WOW Motorcycles. Microtec still shows them as a US distributor, but they no longer exist. The owner, Mark, was the actual distributor. He is working with WOW for at least the near future, so perhaps he can help…. But it will be $$$

1 - 18 of 18 Posts