MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a '06 910S with full Arrow exhaust and EPROM. It runs well above 6k rpm but runs ragged below that, with poor mileage (~20 mpg) and overheating at lower power as well. I took it in for a service and the mechanic says everything looks good, but he noticed the timing was retarded as much as 15 deg at idle and doesn't go to advanced until relatively high throttle/rpms. Is this on purpose?
Retarded timing is well known to cause poor mileage and over heating, why would Agusta do this?
I bought the Fast by Ferrachi EPROM hoping for an improvement, but it runs even worse.
The EPROM that came with the bike was supposed to be from ARROW, but still had the dabs of grey silicon on the ends of the EPROM, so I wonder if it has ever been changed. Can anyone identify the EPROM lettering below as stock or ARROW?

NIP 5SH
16M.AT
CHK 5224

Please, any help would be greatly appreciated, retarded timing really is ... retarded.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
MV retarded the idle timing to 10deg ATDC on the F4 to allow them to open the throttle more at idle to maintain the correct idle rpm whilst also reducing vacuum, on ealry F4 bikes it was v hard to re open the throttle mid corner.

On F4 the idle retarded timing returns to normal at around 2% throttle opening

1 - 2 of 2 Posts