MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone had an issue with gauge cluster light being very dim, close to being out. I started my bike this evening and noticed that gauge cluster light was gone. I gave it some gas and it started back on (from vibration), however it was still rather dim. Tachometer seems to be off pretty much. Anyone had anything like that? Perhaps battery is going "bye-bye"?

Thanks.
:brutale:

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Was wondering if anyone had an issue with gauge cluster light being very dim, close to being out. I started my bike this evening and noticed that gauge cluster light was gone. I gave it some gas and it started back on (from vibration), however it was still rather dim. Tachometer seems to be off pretty much. Anyone had anything like that? Perhaps battery is going "bye-bye"?

Thanks.
:brutale:
If your bike is starting and running fine I imagine the battery is fine. Have you tried cleaning the connections behind the dash ?

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Open the dash, it's very easy, there are "globes"/"bulbs" inside which can blow and which can be repaired or replaced.
I think there's a few threads on this topic in the Customising section mate.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Open the dash, it's very easy, there are "globes"/"bulbs" inside which can blow and which can be repaired or replaced.
I think there's a few threads on this topic in the Customising section mate.
Looked around and found a post showing a guy changing them. I'll disassemble and check it out first, but hopefully a replacement will help. Thank you Sir! :friday:

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Looked around and found a post showing a guy changing them. I'll disassemble and check it out first, but hopefully a replacement will help. Thank you Sir! :friday:
No worries mate, it's a pretty easy to work on system, just be carefull with the rev counter needle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts