MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Members,

I recently purchased my dream bike a Brutale 910S (2006) last week.

Unfortunately a day after purchasing it I had issues starting it and the next day the ECU had died.

I bought it from a fellow Forumer in Singapore. Unfortunately I could not go back to him, coz his contract ended and he returned to the UK. I also had to return to KL that very night and now i'm screwed.

I'm now based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Now my question is

1) Can anyone advise me how, where and how much should i expect to pay for an ECU.

2) Can a 750 EU2 ecu be used for a 910, coz there's a used dealer in Singapore who has one and says it shouldn't be a problem.

3) any kind of advise, guidance or tips would be greatly appreciated.

With sincere gratitude,
Raj

P.S Though I"m going through all this, I"m just real glad I finally was able to own a Brutale. Some have issues later, some don't have at all, and I guess I'm just having it earlier ;)

·
Registered
851 Posts
As indy says the fusebox or 'SPU' on those 910s had a mind of their own !! All sorts of weird behaviour can result. :wtf: Next place to check is connectors on the ECU ... Unless of course you saw the ECU go up in smoke :stickpoke

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I brought it over to the only authorized Mechanic in Malaysia.
And they confirmed the ECU was spoilt.

The fusebox was replaced by the previous owner not too long ago I think.

When the Mechanic put in a new/space ECU he had in hand it worked like a charm.

What is the SPU and where exactly is it located?

Also recently he let me use his 750EU2 ECU while I locate my own ECU, and it worked fine, only issue was the RPM would sometimes go up to 1.8 / 1.9 when it gets warm.

But today unfortunately my Fan stopped working. Checked the fuse in the fuse box and it was fine, but just to make sure I got it replaced.

Looks like I got a visit to the Mechanic again tomorrow.

Any suggestions on why the Fan suddenly died?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My Current Configuration is

750EU2 ECU with my 910 Race Eprom
PCIII
Arrow "Stubby"
Dyno already done.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Hi Raj

All is well that ends well. Send me a e-mail if you want, to [email protected] , and also a Post Code, I will get a quote on shipping. You then pay the the lot and if it works we all smile, and if that is not your problem, you mail it back and I refund you - no problem .
Hope that helps - Payment by PayPal or Bank Deposit.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Dons

It is people like you that make owning an MV such a unique experience. Sooo nice to know such willing and trusting people are on this forum.

Dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts