MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I am fixing to do a full tune-up on my 08 Brutale 910S with spark plugs and coil packs. Who do you guys recommend for coil packs?
Thanks
Joe T

·
Old Wing Nut
24,571 Posts
SS703 posses a good question. These are automotive parts. They are not considered normal replacement maintenance items.

Reactions: Only1jt

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are your coils failed?
@silentservice703
Yes, I was misfiring pretty bad and low on power at low end but then wakes up like no problems whatsoever at 4k rpm and above. I replaced the spark plugs and it got significantly better but I believe that the #2 coil is gone as I am still low on power and it wants to cut off. Traded the #4 coil pack with the #2 and it got a lot better but then starts falling off around the upper powerband.

·
Super Moderator
25,573 Posts
Belief is not a good strategy.
Test your coils per the book.
There are other things that can cause your symptoms.
Your coils work as pairs…

·
Registered
F4 1000 S, F4 1000 R, F4 1078, 750 Senna, Tamburini, Tamburini, Corsacorta
221 Posts
I also agree,
never heard that they failed in an MV.
They should be Champion or Magneti Marelli
BAE 800 B

Reactions: silentservice703

·
Old Wing Nut
24,571 Posts
'08 model would be 5SM and coils do not fire in pairs. Randy had a coil fail on his 910R...discovered from the DTC inspection with the diagnostic software.

·
Registered
847 Posts
"I also agree,
never heard that they failed in an MV."

Believe me they do. Anytime, anywhere and can come back just as quick. Always have a spare to hand.

Cheers

Deano

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
"I also agree,
never heard that they failed in an MV."

Believe me they do. Anytime, anywhere and can come back just as quick. Always have a spare to hand.

Cheers

Deano
@Deano ,
I am having a hard time locating 1. Where do you purchase yours from and do you have a part number?
Thanks
Joe T

·
Old Wing Nut
24,571 Posts
Beru coils..... you may have to make a wire loom to connect the coil to your harness as the 910 has the wire loom built in.....most other vehicles the wires plug into the coil itself.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Bought a full set from an Italian wrecker years ago (I'll try and find the name) for a good price. Also sent a fucked one to Mitchy who was researching suitable replacements at the time so he might be worth a pm.

Cheers

Deano

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Beru coils..... you may have to make a wire loom to connect the coil to your harness as the 910 has the wire loom built in.....most other vehicles the wires plug into the coil itself.
Ed,
Appreciate it. Got the number off the coils themselves and got them ordered. Getting her back together one piece at a time, lol.
Joe T

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Appreciate it Ed,
I found a gentlman in Italy that had a set of gently used ones. Took a chance on them and it seems to have cleared up all issues. Funny enough, when I put my meter on all of them; they tested fine but when I changed 2 it cleared right up. Went ahead and changed the rest as well since I already had them and put the other 3 back for spares.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Appreciate it Ed,
I found a gentlman in Italy that had a set of gently used ones. Took a chance on them and it seems to have cleared up all issues. Funny enough, when I put my meter on all of them; they tested fine but when I changed 2 it cleared right up. Went ahead and changed the rest as well since I already had them and put the other 3 back for spares.
P.S.- obviously since they had already been used, no wire loom fix needed.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Appreciate it Ed,
[/QUOTE]

Always found that myself, test was no true indication of the state of the coil. Glad you sorted it.

Cheers

Deano

1 - 16 of 16 Posts