MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

One of the fuel injectors on my Brutale apparently has failed. Everything was working fine and then suddenly the engine started misfiring and losing power. I had a feeling that one of the cylinders stopped working.

Took the bike to a mechanic here in Sydney and they told me the bad news. A new original Marelli IWP156 injector ( part number 8000A5495) costs $830 AUD.

When doing a research, I came across a thread here on the forum that said ( I can't post links yet):

"The Brutale 910S and 910R use Magneti Marelli IWP 156 injectors. MV Agusta's part number is 8000A5495. Dealers in the U.S. retail them for over $500 each. Although they share the same specs on paper as several other similar injectors, they do not appear to be interchangeable because of physical differences such as outlet size. No other MV Agusta bike uses this injector.

I can't find any other bike or car in the world that uses this same injector except a Chinese bike, CFMoto 650NK. Their injector is a Chinese made clone of the Magneti Marelli IWP 156. Specs are identical and physical dimensions are the same as the IWP 156. CFMoto's part number is 0700-171000. They retail for $120. There are may CFMoto dealers in the US. Few dealers actually stock parts for these bikes, but they are available to from a US warehouse within a week."

So I spent a bit more time trying to find these Chinese injectors and found them on ebay for $30USD each. There seems to be a whole factory that produces all sorts of injectors in Guangzhou. The company is called Junri Machinery.

The price difference is massive! So these injectors seem to be identical copies of original IWP156, just a lot cheaper.

The question is - has anyone tried using them?

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, since no one responded I thought I'd just share my experience. Might be useful for someone.

It worked! Ordered 2 injectors directly from the factory in China for 20 USD each, delivered to Sydney. Got the dead injector replaced by a mechanic and so far it works great! I don't see any difference compared to a genuine injector.

So, a genuine injector costs 830 AUD, CF Moto dealership was happy so supply one for 200-300 AUD (which would probably be the same as what I ordered anyway) and I paid approx. 30 AUD.

Will see how it works out in the long run.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Thanks Crashxx for finding these, I have a 910s and always good to find a cheaper alternative. As mentioned above if you had to buy one every year you would still be quids in. Great work

1 - 6 of 6 Posts