MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have the 2007 910r Brutale with the Lafranconi silencers. It's just way to loud for me. So the question becomes..

1) will the stock silencers off a "S" model fit the "R"model?

I might have to hunt a set of stock silencers down or just live with it. Thanks in advance.

tt

Attachments

·
Registered
485 Posts
If the 2007 910R silencer is the same as the 2011 1090RR silencer I would possibly be interested in doing a swap with you. I have the stock silencer on mine and wouldn't mind something with a little more grunt. I'm assuming they aren't interchangeable but I'm sure someone can fill us in shortly.

Edit: From looking at the shop manuals the 910S and 910R have the same part number for the silencer so you should be good there. As far as compatibility between the 1090RR and 910, they are different part numbers so I'm going to assume their dimensions are different.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Yes, stock 2006-2008 "S" silensers will fit your bike.

Contact some of the larger MV shops in Southern California, such as GP Motorcycle or Moto Forza, I'm sure they have some stock silensers laying around.

~

·
Registered
14,741 Posts
toytuff;

I have 2 sets of 910R cans call or text me

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
If the 2007 910R silencer is the same as the 2011 1090RR silencer I would possibly be interested in doing a swap with you. I have the stock silencer on mine and wouldn't mind something with a little more grunt. I'm assuming they aren't interchangeable but I'm sure someone can fill us in shortly.

Edit: From looking at the shop manuals the 910S and 910R have the same part number for the silencer so you should be good there. As far as compatibility between the 1090RR and 910, they are different part numbers so I'm going to assume their dimensions are different.
The logo's on the silencers are different also. See pic.

tt

Attachments

·
Old Wing Nut
22,164 Posts
910 S and R stock silencers are the same. Also, 750 cans will fit.

Should be plenty out there, as many folk are looking for the Corse silencers. I have my originals, but am keeping them. If I ever sell Gina (not likely) I will put her back stock and sell all the upgrade parts sperately.

Does yours have the catalytic converter installed? If not, you might try that first as it will quiet things down a bit too. Lots of those taken off and laying about.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No CAT, cans are stamped "closed circuit use only, not EPA noise certified", etc.

tt

·
Registered
14,741 Posts
?

No CAT, cans are stamped "closed circuit use only, not EPA noise certified", etc.

tt
I've seen that stamping before..... and it seems to go away.......

like on the Ti cans on my Aprilia

could it be my TIG machine????

what do I know :naughty:

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I didn't think the race cans where that loud on the 910R, I have a set of normal ones if you really want them but shipping from AU will probably make it not worth while. My personal fav for a bit more noise but neigbour friendly is cat delete with standard rear cans.

The later ones from a 1090 etc would appear to be the same fit, I've only held them next to my bikes but looks to me like they would work. I have also seen a 1090RR running with the older style Corse pipes so that would tend to confirm they are interchangeable.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I didn't think the race cans where that loud on the 910R, I have a set of normal ones if you really want them but shipping from AU will probably make it not worth while. My personal fav for a bit more noise but neigbour friendly is cat delete with standard rear cans.

The later ones from a 1090 etc would appear to be the same fit, I've only held them next to my bikes but looks to me like they would work. I have also seen a 1090RR running with the older style Corse pipes so that would tend to confirm they are interchangeable.
Appreciate the offer and info.

tt

·
Old Wing Nut
22,164 Posts
Find a take off 1 piece header pipe and catalytic converter.....with your Corse cans that should mellow the tone down.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I've got the corse cans fitted with a cat and it's not loud enough for me .
I guess the cat really does quieten things down .

·
Registered
226 Posts
I've got a cat from a 2004 Brutale 750, if you're interested in going that route

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I have 750, 910R and 1090RR stock silencers in various conditions, what exactly do you need ?
All are in un-crashed condition, 750 are well used will probably clean up nicely, 910 used but pretty good, 1090RR virtually unused. Based in Australia so shipping won't be that cheap...

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have 750, 910R and 1090RR stock silencers in various conditions, what exactly do you need ?
All are in un-crashed condition, 750 are well used will probably clean up nicely, 910 used but pretty good, 1090RR virtually unused. Based in Australia so shipping won't be that cheap...
As clean as I can get. Basically brand new. Noel has some but not sure how they will clean up thus the continued search.

Not sure if the 1090 cans fit and if they were the race version being the RR model.

tt

·
Registered
12 Posts
If the cat is the same for brutale 750, I think that it mounts directly on the bike with two nuts.
The only thing is to have also the rubber for the left side. If you can look at your bike you will, probably, see the hole, down on the left side. On the right side is mounted your non-cat midpipe.
Sorry if I am wrong, but check.
I have also the stock silencers of the the 750 with 11.000km if you are interested for trade. They will fit with the cat from Chris. Sending them from Greece probably will cost the same as taking them from Australia.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts