MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The voice of reason keeps telling me one of my two bikes has to go.
I've been toying with the idea of selling the Brute for some time but whenever I ride it, I enjoy it so much I procrastinate some more.
That said, I've reached the stage where I'll listen to a reasonable offer.

She’s a Euro3 2007 model, first registered Sept 2008 in QLD.
Current NSW rego due 5/01/15. 18,000km.

Probably one of the best performing 910Rs to grace this planet.

Arrow headers, decat mid pipe and twin ti cans - cost $2257
Microtec chip tuned by Chris from Xbikes when he visited Oz – cost $1600.
MWR Air filter
Rizoma Limit Naked mirrors – cost $658
Carbon rear hugger and frame infills
Oggie knobs
Rear hub bearings replaced @ 10,000km
PR3s front and back in good nick

An absolute hoot to ride, the best fun you can have outside of the bedroom.
The microtech chip and other add-ons have not only improved performance and rideability but also fuel economy (7l/100km average) and running engine temperature (mid to high 70Cs at cruising speed).

I also have an MVAgusta Corse tank bag and an EliteSak rear bag, both very useful for touring. And I have all the original parts.

Please PM me if interested in my Italian Beauty.

Attachments

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
OMG Michel - you are going to be lost to us? One of the true believers. :(

If we hadn't acquired and almost new 1090R recently, I'd be making you an offer.

Good luck with the sale or you can do as I did, I was selling a bike but changed my mind at the last minute & luckily the guy offered me $500 less than the asking price so I was able under the pretence of offence able to withdraw 'honourably' without allowing a counter offer - lol. Of course, had he stepped up right away I would have no choice but to let her go and live in regret, after all, one's word is everything :)

Knowing you and your attention to detail as evidenced by just looking at the Brutale, someone will get a fantastic bike.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OMG Michel - you are going to be lost to us? One of the true believers. :(

If we hadn't acquired and almost new 1090R recently, I'd be making you an offer.

Good luck with the sale or you can do as I did, I was selling a bike but changed my mind at the last minute & luckily the guy offered me $500 less than the asking price so I was able under the pretence of offence able to withdraw 'honourably' without allowing a counter offer - lol. Of course, had he stepped up right away I would have no choice but to let her go and live in regret, after all, one's word is everything :)

Knowing you and your attention to detail as evidenced by just looking at the Brutale, someone will get a fantastic bike.
Thanks for the kind comments, Rob. And for the nice (no) sale story.
It was a hard decision to make…but she ain't sold yet.

I've always enjoyed your comments on the forum - please keep in touch with us.
Thanks Dave. Ditto on your contributions to the forum.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I have one way too similar though, even my non-bikey wife will notice...

But on a more serious note, if anyone in AU wants a 910R I doubt you will find a better one than this.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
But on a more serious note, if anyone in AU wants a 910R I doubt you will find a better one than this.
Thanks for the good reference Rich.
My ad's not eliciting much response at this stage.
The EBay auction ends Sunday.
I may end up keeping my Italian beauty and just riding it on. Which isn't a bad thing really.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It did not reach the reserve on EBay. Bids were too low for me to even consider parting with it.
And I didn't get too much interest from here.
I guess I'll keep riding it.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Mick if I Did not have one similar to yours, I would have been all over it ,Pm me on a price that you were considering ,I just might have a mate who could be interested. No Guarantees ,but hey nothing lost.

cheers eddy

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mick if I Did not have one similar to yours, I would have been all over it ,Pm me on a price that you were considering ,I just might have a mate who could be interested. No Guarantees ,but hey nothing lost.

cheers eddy
Thank you Eddy. PM sent.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Still for sale.
It truly is one of a kind.
Any interest at $11,500?

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Mick,i was speaking to a young guy up the mountain today,he was interested in a 910 so i told him to check your bike out on here. ps: i am not bumping this

cheers eddy

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for that, Eddy.

266 views this second time around on Ebay, 19 watchers, just one bid (below my reserve).
The auction ends around 9am Monday.
If not sold, I'm riding it down to Port Mac on Thursday to meet up with a mate riding up from Sydney. Then back home via Oxley and Waterfall Way.
If sold I'll be on the Beemer.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Update - Now with 12 months rego

So, I haven't sold the bike and have been able to enjoy a few good rides on it the past few months :)

It was serviced in September and the water pump was overhauled (new seals, new shaft) in October.

It's now got 19,300km and just passed the yearly technical and safety check this morning. Next week I will renew the rego for 12 months to 5th January 2016.

It's on Bikesales for $11,500 but I will listen to genuine offers.

Cheerio.

P.S. I trust this does not constitute "bumping" given the updated info therein.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts