MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I own a Brutale 800RR and am lucky enough to ride it nearly every day :) The bike has been awesome apart from a few things.

I have solved the ridiculous seat jamming your man bits into the tank problem with the MV Corse seat but am having problems with solving high frequency vibrations through the handle bars.

For some reason, MV in all their wisdom decided to go with threaded bar ends on the Brutale 800RR. I believe the Dragster and previous versions of the Brutale are different because I can find heaps of bar end options for them but not for my bike.

Has anyone experienced the vibration problem and found a good set of vibration reducing bar ends for their Brutale 800RR?

Thanks in advance,
Witek.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hello all,

I own a Brutale 800RR and am lucky enough to ride it nearly every day :) The bike has been awesome apart from a few things.

I have solved the ridiculous seat jamming your man bits into the tank problem with the MV Corse seat but am having problems with solving high frequency vibrations through the handle bars.

For some reason, MV in all their wisdom decided to go with threaded bar ends on the Brutale 800RR. I believe the Dragster and previous versions of the Brutale are different because I can find heaps of bar end options for them but not for my bike.

Has anyone experienced the vibration problem and found a good set of vibration reducing bar ends for their Brutale 800RR?

Thanks in advance,
Witek.

What have you done with the original rr seat ? i might be interested to replace my brutale 800 2013 seat with an rr one...

Milan

·
Registered
867 Posts
Hey BigVix,
Mine are being drilled out as we speak and I have a set of B4 Motovation heavy bar ends that have been turned down on inside to accept bar end mirrors. I had a set on my 910R and they made a huge difference as each one is nearly 250grams. Or you could get yourself a new set of bars without the thread and then get any bar end weight you want.

·
Registered
560 Posts
All the B3 bikes have threaded bar ends that are attached with all the locktite known to man. The dragsters are different but I think still threaded into the bar. Even so, I've never noticed any annoying vibrations before or after I put slightly heavier titanium bar ends/mirrors on mine.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hey Milan,

The OEM is my spare in case something happens to the new one.

Cheers.
Thanks for the reply. For the same reason I have exhaust pipes and mirrors sitting in our laundry (don't have a garage) for past 3 years. :)

M

1 - 6 of 6 Posts