MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about 3,000 miles into owning a Brutale 800.

Before I start, I have the latest map. Also, I installed QD slip on exhaust.*

But from day one, I have noticed when Im on the throttle and need to zip by some cars, i have a 50/50 chance of the bike not responding, and then 2 seconds later going crazy and dumping all the power.

It scared me a couple times.

Any one else having this issue?

--R

*before and after having this exhaust, the surge issue has happened.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I've had no issues with mine, how long have you owned it and have you been back to have the map updated?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had no issues with mine, how long have you owned it and have you been back to have the map updated?
Three weeks.

The latest map was released to the dealers the week I got the bike. I checked again to make sure there was no new updates. I have the latest map.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Have a read through some of the threads posted in the F3 and B3 sections. Some of the guys have played around with the miriad of settings to get a throttle response that they are comfortable with.
I would get the dealer to recheck the basics first though. Items like TPS and throttle cable adjustment for example.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Actually mines been updated with the latest map a couple weeks ago but I've not ridden it since, apart from the ride home from the dealer so I can't really comment on what it's like but I had no issues during the 40min ride?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts