MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi to all!

As my old motorcycle is sold I'm looking at something new. Coming from a 600cc racer I would like something that is more comfortable, usable and with a sporty feel to it so I'm looking at the naked bike range.

I love the bikes with single swingarms so I'm sticking with that in mind. This makes the choice pretty small and when I compare the most sporty nakeds I'm only looking at the Ducati M796/1100 and MV Agusta Brutale 675,800... (don't like speed triples)

The Ducati looks more sensible when it comes to comfort and maybe safety with the ABS version...
My heart says MV all the way as the new Brutales look stunning.

I would really love to buy an 675 or 800...
I'm not somebody who goes to a track (maybe in the future) and I'm not looking for limits on street roads. On a lazy sunday I enjoy riding on cruising speeds so I would think the 800 is just overkill and to much for heavy traffic. But then the price difference is only 1000euro for adjustable suspension and the colours schemes are much more to my liking on the 800.

Just don't know what to go for when it comes to the 675 and 800.
Maybe a 675 will become tamed much faster then the 800, etc... is it possible to drive the 800 on a sanely manner on the streets or is it complete overkill? Heavy traffic?...

I'll probably go for a testride next week but before that I would like some opinions of 675 and 800 owners...

Thanks!

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have the 800 and I love it. It is fun, fast, and very confidence inspiring. I have owned many bikes and this one is my favorite. I have not been on the 675 but have heard great things about it. The 675 likes to be wound up more. They are both rev happy but the 675 is more so. I think you will like either bike. I wanted the adjustable suspension and bigger displacement. Both bikes are fast and fun you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I know the 800 is fast but how does the bike respond to heavy/ slow traffic? Also can you relax on the bike on cruising speeds or is it a constant inferno? :)

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I have used my B800 to ride to and from work which is a 50 mile round trip mix of town, motorway (freeway to you guys) and heavy city traffic. Bike handles it all really easy. Yes it can be fast but it does all the dull commute stuff just as easy. The various map options on this bike means you can pick and choose just how docile or manic you want things.

I have ridden a 675, it's a great bike, but in the UK the 800 is just £500 more expensive, that is easily justified for the adjustable suspension alone. The extra power and torque just comes for free. :)
jimboF4

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yes "boring" the bike is easy to ride slow when needed

·
Registered
22 Posts
I purchased a 675 in June and have about 2,000 miles on it so far. Mostly commuting and weekend riding. The bike is spectacular. I am 5'6 170lbs and the bike fits really well. I have had lots of sport bikes new and old, large and small. This is really my favorite. For the price and my riding style this bike was perfect. I have had over 20 bikes over my 40 plus years and this is the first new bike I have ever purchased. Worth every penny. As fast as the 675 is, I can't imagine what the 800 is like. you won't go wrong with either bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts