MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

So I bought my Brutale 800 in April.

Had it for a month and had an accident. (cosmetics only).

Had her back now for almost 3 months. I now have a few Issues:

There's a start-up problem. She'll start but it would sound like the engine is running with a missing offbeat sound? This does not happen all the time.

When i gear down from 4th to 3rd and second, it will not then go into 2nd, it will just go into neutral. Is this due to the slipper clutch?

Last night I got a 'Malfunction' error on my display after setting my map setting from normal to custom. I stopped the bike, switched her off and restarted. When I reach a speed above 60km/h the 'malfunction' error reapears, the at certain times it dissappear s again.

I parked the bike overnight and this morning the bike showed a Red oil warning light. i checked all connections and the oil level, everything still looks normal??

I contacted my authorised dealership, they recon it is the starter clutch on which there is a recall. So they will fix it under warranty. Or they reckonnit could be a faulty sensor somewhere.

Has anyone had these issues before? I am worried like hell, my baby is sick and i do not know the severity of it.

She's got her first service done, broken in according to the manual and currently standing on 5200km exactly.

Please advice. :bawling:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Bike don't have a slipper clutch....Your bike has a lot of issues....time for a good at the dealer.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Bikes that have the starter issue don't start. Dealer has just found an exhaust manifold leak on my bike - that could give you on off beat idle. Either that or it's the well-known throttle body balance thing. Or it's something that happened in the crash.

The other stuff I haven't had but electronic glitches are far from uncommon. Sadly.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hey guys,

So I bought my Brutale 800 in April.

Had it for a month and had an accident. (cosmetics only).

Had her back now for almost 3 months. I now have a few Issues:

There's a start-up problem. She'll start but it would sound like the engine is running with a missing offbeat sound? This does not happen all the time.

When i gear down from 4th to 3rd and second, it will not then go into 2nd, it will just go into neutral. Is this due to the slipper clutch?

Last night I got a 'Malfunction' error on my display after setting my map setting from normal to custom. I stopped the bike, switched her off and restarted. When I reach a speed above 60km/h the 'malfunction' error reapears, the at certain times it dissappear s again.

I parked the bike overnight and this morning the bike showed a Red oil warning light. i checked all connections and the oil level, everything still looks normal??

I contacted my authorised dealership, they recon it is the starter clutch on which there is a recall. So they will fix it under warranty. Or they reckonnit could be a faulty sensor somewhere.

Has anyone had these issues before? I am worried like hell, my baby is sick and i do not know the severity of it.

She's got her first service done, broken in according to the manual and currently standing on 5200km exactly.

Please advice. :bawling:
When I first bought my 2014 Brutale 800 I never paid attention to letting the diagnostics cycle all the way before hitting the start button. This would sometimes lead to the "missing off-beat sound". Now that I let it fully cycle I've never had the problem.

As for the other issues you're having I've never experienced those. Sorry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts