MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding along , everything fine and all of a sudden she would not rev properly . It would not rev cleanly , every time I pulled back on the throttle it was like I was flooding it with fuel , it didn't want to stall though . I went to take the tank off and I broke one of the plugs that attach the fuel lines to the tank .
I took it to the shop & was told that the problem was the broken FT hose plug letting pressure out of the tank (May have been cracked before I broke it ) . The plugs were replaced and I was told the bike was running really well .
On the ride home I found out it still lacks throttle response below 6000rpm although it is a lot better but it pretty much won't rev above 6000rpm at all , it starts to choke . If I give it a big twist it just gets to about 6500rpm and a flame comes out of the Thunder .
Before I take it back to the useless mechanic does anyone have any thoughts on this problem .

Attachments

·
Registered
465 Posts
I'd start off by looking for vacuum leaks.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
+1 on checking vacuum hoses. Have you done anything else to the bike lately. To me it seems like fuel starvation, blocked breather hose on tank, or bad fuel fitting. What fittings did they install on your bike?

·
Registered
224 Posts
"Before I take it back to the useless mechanic does anyone have any thoughts on this problem..."

If this is your opinion may I suggest finding another mechanic.

Finding a mechanic is not unlike finding a doctor or a lawyer...

You are literally putting your life in their hands and must be able to trust them implicitly...

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
If you get stuck and want a hand I'm up near Gosford. I also have everything we would need to find out where the problem is, you'd just need to get the bike to my place.

·
Vendor
5,277 Posts
I was riding along , everything fine and all of a sudden she would not rev properly . It would not rev cleanly , every time I pulled back on the throttle it was like I was flooding it with fuel , it didn't want to stall though . I went to take the tank off and I broke one of the plugs that attach the fuel lines to the tank .
I took it to the shop & was told that the problem was the broken FT hose plug letting pressure out of the tank (May have been cracked before I broke it ) . The plugs were replaced and I was told the bike was running really well .
On the ride home I found out it still lacks throttle response below 6000rpm although it is a lot better but it pretty much won't rev above 6000rpm at all , it starts to choke . If I give it a big twist it just gets to about 6500rpm and a flame comes out of the Thunder .
Before I take it back to the useless mechanic does anyone have any thoughts on this problem .
Didn't the mechanic road test the bike before telling you it was ready.The problem started before you took the bike in so the problem could be fuel filter or in-tank hoses starting to perish.Time to pull the tank off and have a look.

·
Registered
874 Posts
"Before I take it back to the useless mechanic does anyone have any thoughts on this problem..."

If this is your opinion may I suggest finding another mechanic.

Finding a mechanic is not unlike finding a doctor or a lawyer...

You are literally putting your life in their hands and must be able to trust them implicitly...
Where did you take? Im in Sydney i might be able to help you out.
0410 853 633

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The mechanic said the bike was running very well when I picked it up ,by the time the engine was warmed up I was on the Motorway going towards home & that's when I noticed all was not well .
I took it back to the mechanics today riding down the M5 , just riding with low revs ,wouldn't go past 5000rpm . After they worked on it for a while & took it for a test run it seemed to be revving freely again (they thought it was a kinked or squashed fuel line). I went to ride it home , at first it was good but about 20kms down the M5 the problem started again , by the middle of the M5 tunnel it would not give me any revs above idle ,I had to stop I just made it to a breakdown bay after nearly being rear ended . This was quite frustrating !!! Before getting it picked up from the Road Traffic Authority depot (where it had been towed to) I pulled of the tank but I couldn't see any issues with the hoses or plugs , though the breather hose wasn't connected , I connected it but it didn't make a difference .
I'm hesitant to name the workshop for fear of being banned as a customer as I have herd has happened to others and also because I don't know of any of any other workshops that do MVs . Does anyone know of a good mechanics in Sydney that they could recommend ?
Thank you for your help people . I may give you guys a call after Easter .

·
Vendor
5,277 Posts
Dealer should be named and shamed.Twice now and they can't sort it.:wtf:

·
Vendor
5,277 Posts
Yeah your right Mitch , Trooper Lu , there you go . I'm not going back there anyway .
Mate,sorry to hear about this issue.The knowledge they have you would think they could sort it out quickly.I still believe there is a problem inside the tank with the filter or hose deterioration.A fuel pressure reading would give you a good start.

·
Registered
14,406 Posts
Mitch and Donsy got it;

crap in the tank, plugging the pre filter and falling off the screen when you stop....i've seen it

or the fuel filter is plugged

time for a new fuel filter and lines in the tank...~$30 in parts

the dealer should have done their job......its not like they don't know about the maintenance schedule:wtf::wtf::wtf:

:jerkoff:

·
Registered
14,406 Posts
Mitch;
its a service item.......it's an older Brutale.....it has Silver Stars

bet the filter is ~10 years old....the lines for sure

1 - 20 of 33 Posts