MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2005 Brutale 750s
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

so I’ve removed and disassembled my water pump because I had some drips. Couldn’t tell if it was the weep hole or housing oring. Screw it, reseal the whole thing. So Ive got it out and separated along with the snap rings removed. Now there is a seal trapped behind the two bearings I need out and I cant find a way to remove them. Is there a trick at home or do I need to go to the dealer? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

Attachments

· Registered
1,718 Posts
Hi mate, If you read the manual I think you need to heat that element and then use a drift to remove the bearing.

· Old Wing Nut
25,582 Posts
Bearings must come out.

· Registered
1,718 Posts
PS I know the link I supplied is for the Design Corse pump but there is some useful info in there regarding seals and a disassembled view. I went with FKM seals as they have better heat tolerance. Don't buy from MV source them online for pennies.

· Registered
2005 Brutale 750s
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi mate, If you read the manual I think you need to heat that element and then use a drift to remove the bearing.

Yea that’s what I was afraid of. I don’t have a bearing tool here. Thanks for the link though man! So I already purchased the seals from the dealer here and he said if I have my problems come back with the pump. It sucks he is 2 hours away lol.

· Banned
444 Posts
The ball bearings can be easily pushed out and pressed in with the help of a vice, but they rarely or not at all cause a problem but the 2 sealing rings including ceramic parts and the shaft itself,
I recommend that you install a WAPU 2nd generation, which have fewer problems and are also easier to seal than the Gen 1
Gen2 was used with Brutale 910 or f4 1000s see parts catalog both fit 100%
|

· Registered
2005 Brutale 750s
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for the insight!! My buddy at Hertrampf Racing helped me out. He did the bearings and the oil seal for me no charge and I finished everything else and got it back in. Once the weather improves, back on the road she goes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.