MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Im reading alot on this forum lately, so i decided to register myself.

One month ago i bought an brutale 750s from 2003, it was a 200 km trip from the guy where i bought the motor to home.
At the time i was home i noticed my backwheel was wobbly like shit.
My rearhub was totally destroyed and the rearsuspension was leak.
So started good馃槄 i bought an F750s rearshock from 2001 but its stiff as hell tried all kind of settings.

Now im thinking to buy a rearshock from a brutale 1078r in pretty good condition.
Is this worth the money and time, or do u guys recomoned something else?

Administrator
Welcome to the family Jantoe1991...!! Why don't you introduce yourself in the "New Member" section?

You might consider having your shock serviced and getting a softer spring.
I presume you set sag correctly and adjusted the dampers softer. Did you swap the spring from the Brutale to the F4 shock?? Maybe it is softer. Haven't checked into that, but might be. There are alternate springs available anyway.
Have you discussed this with a suspension guru in your area? If you are going to buy another shock you should consider getting another brand. Several out there, not just Ohlins although that is the "gold" standard.

Registered
My 750s needed rear shock service (it cost about 75EU) at about 30,000kms. None of my other Brutales have needed it to date. As Ed suggested, getting your local suspension guru will definitely help. However, I would ask what is your approximate weight (kg)?

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Think thats a good idea just to go to a suspension guru.
I also dont have the ride heigt tool to measure the ride heigt.
Thnx for ur replies馃憤

1 - 6 of 6 Posts