MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I was riding yesterday, and after approximately 60 kilometers, my Brutale started to squel pretty loud. I slowed down and wanted to locate the squeling and while sitting on the bike it cam from the left side of the brutale. Then I stopped for a while, turned the it off and than on, and after 10 seconds, the squeling was gone...

Afterwards I rode it for another 140 kilometers and she was doing fine.

I'm now a little worried, because I don't know what could be the problem, has anyone ever issued such thing before?

I would be happy for every Info on that squel...

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ziga

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi guys,

It was squeling wenn I was moving, but it wasnt the rear hub bearing, because I have changed the bearings 2 days before that, so they are new a d working... The squeling was more related to a rubber belt squel on a car... Should I check the water pump, this runs on a belt or am I wrong?

Regards,
Ziga

·
Registered
304 Posts
No belts on the MV, were you able to tell where the squealing was coming from ? did you seat the bearing in the hub properly? could it be front wheel bearings? Just some food for thought

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi George,

The squeling was coming from the left side of the engine, but I couldn't locate it and it was throttle responsive, as I have increased the throttle, squeling got louder, and off the throttle it was softer...
But the most interesting is, that the squeling was only for about 40 sec, and after I turned it off and on again, it lasted only 10 seconds and afterwards it was go as I set of and pulled the throttle more...

Today I wen't for a ride, but everything was running smoothly... I putted the bearings as it was written on the forum, must check the first wheel bearings as soon as I get more time... But I think the bearing are not the issue, because they would keep on squeling (my thinking)...

·
Registered
639 Posts
Just a thought....
Did you perhaps, by accident, hit a cat :toothless

1 - 12 of 12 Posts